Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

What happened to Josiah 'Jonty' Robinson? Tyler Perry offers $100K for any information that will help to nab queer man's murderer

2023-07-27 17:54
Josiah ‘Jonty’ Robinson, 24, who was an openly gay man, was found dead on a beach in Grenada
What happened to Josiah 'Jonty' Robinson? Tyler Perry offers $100K for any information that will help to nab queer man's murderer

GRENADA, CARIBBEAN: Renowned actor and filmmaker Tyler Perry announced a $100,000 reward for anyone who could provide crucial information concerning the suspected targeted murder of Josiah "Jonty" Robinson in Grenada. “A few days ago I got an extremely heartbreaking phone call from my friend, Yvette Noel-Schure. Through her tears and grief she was telling me that in her home country of Grenada, a young man that was like a son to her was murdered,” Perry wrote.

Perry further added, “My soul ached as she shared that he was a young, gifted singer who was murdered because he was gay. My mind immediately went to [Matthew] Shepard, and all the other victims of racist, homophobic, antisemitic, xenophobic, senseless violence. This kid was 23, how is this ok? His mother is devastated. This pain is too common - the same pain of Marcia Williams, who I’ve been trying to help to find out what happened to her son Terrance in Collier County, Florida for years now."

What happened to Josiah 'Jonty' Robinson?

Robinson, a 24-year-old openly gay singer-songwriter, who performed under the name Jonty Dream, was a close friend of Noel-Schure. Robinson reportedly died in a suspected targeted attack due to his sexuality. Perry shared heartwrenching images of Robinson dancing on the beach at sunset, as well as pictures from his funeral, where a rainbow flag was tenderly placed on his grave.

Perry wrote in his post, “The pain of not knowing can be crippling. It’s the pain that my sister and I carry not knowing what truly happened to my 25-year-old nephew, who we were told hung himself in prison just 3 years ago. The pain of not knowing is truly gut-wrenching." He further stated, "So with that said, Yvette and I are offering a $100,000 dollar reward to anyone who brings forth information that leads to the conviction of the murderer of Josiah ‘Jonty’ Robinson.”

'Senseless violence'

Robinson's body was discovered on BBC Beach in Morne Rouge, according to The New Today Grenada. As per the report, he died from "manual strangulation," according to Trinidad and Tobago pathologist Hubert Daisley. Further details from a police insider suggested that he may have been thrown into the ocean after being strangled. "When they threw him in the water, water went inside him and rigor mortis took place – that is why all the blood came out,” the insider said, adding, “After he was thrown into the water rigor mortis, algor mortis and the play of the gases during decomposition caused the blood to flow out in the mouth, nose and ears. There were no injuries to the head.”

Grenada police have launched an investigation into Robinson's murder and have questioned several individuals, including one who previously lived with the victim. However, as of now, there have been no "breakthroughs" in the case.

“Please pray for his mother and Yvette and all of those that loved him, as well as every family who has been impacted by senseless violence,” Perry urged at the end of his message, providing the number for the Criminal Investigation Division in Grenada.

Anyone with information can contact the Royal Grenada Criminal Investigation Division at +1 (473) 440-3921.

Tags news