Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Did Victor Wembanyama slap Britney Spears? Singer hopes for 'public' apology after 'traumatic' slap incident

2023-07-07 16:59
Victor Wembanyama's security, Damian Smith, reportedly slapped Britney Spears when she was trying to get a photo with the NBA star
Did Victor Wembanyama slap Britney Spears? Singer hopes for 'public' apology after 'traumatic' slap incident

LAS VEGAS, NEVADA: All is not great with Britney Spears it seems! The ‘Princess of Pop’, 41, who was allegedly slapped by NBA player Victor Wembanyama's security guard in a Las Vegas hotel now hopes for an apology. San Antonio Spurs’ Director of Team Security, Damian Smith, reportedly 'backhanded' Spears when she was trying to get a photo with the 19-year-old NBA star on Wednesday, June 5, as per TMZ.

While Wembanyama released a statement narrating his version, Spears took to social media to talk about the 'traumatic experience' while demanding a 'public apology' from Wembanyama, the Spurs, and the securities. The Spurs are yet to make a comment on the incident.

‘I didn’t stop to look so I could walk in and enjoy the nice dinner’

While speaking with the reporters on Thursday, July 6, Wembanyama confirmed being involved in the unpleasant situations. However, he said, instead of tapping - as is being claimed by Spears - the ‘Toxic’ singer grabbed him from behind. His version further claimed that instead of slapping or backhanding, the Spurs' security guard “pushed her away.” He further added that he “didn’t stop to look." In fact, he claimed he “didn’t know for a couple hours.”

Wembanyama said, “Something did happen, a little bit, when I was walking with some security from the team to some restaurant. We were in the hall. There was a lot of people, so people calling me, obviously. There was one person who was calling me, but we talked before with the security.”

He added that the person grabbed him saying, “I couldn’t stop. That person was calling me, ‘sir, sir,’ and that person grabbed me from behind,” but added, “I didn’t see what happened because I was walking straight and didn’t stop. That person grabbed me from behind, not on my shoulder, she grabbed me from behind. I just know the security pushed her away. I don’t know with how much force, but security pushed her away. I didn’t stop to look so I could walk in and enjoy the nice dinner.”

He further added he was in the dark about the person’s identity for the next couple of hours saying, “I didn’t know for a couple hours, but when I came back to the hotel ... I didn't forget about it, but I thought it was no big deal, and then the security of the Spurs told me it was Britney Spears. At first, I was like, ‘You’re joking.’ But yeah, turns out it was Britney Spears. I never saw her face. I just kept walking straight.”

‘Traumatic experiences are not new to me’

The ‘circus’ singer gave her own statement through her social media on Thursday, July 6. In a long typed post, Spears wrote, “Traumatic experiences are not new to me and I have had my fair share of them. I was not prepared for what happened to me last night. recognized an athlete in my hotel lobby as I was heading to dinner. I later went to a restaurant at a different hotel and saw him again. I decided to approach him and congratulate him on his success. It was really loud, so I tapped him on the shoulder to get his attention. I am aware of the players statement where he mentions "I grabbed him from behind" but I simply tapped him on the shoulder. His security then backhanded me in the face without looking back, in front of a crowd. Nearly knocking me down and causing my glasses off my face.”

The Grammy-winning superstar further said that she is also flocked by fans often but her security team doesn’t hit anyone, saying, “That night I was swarmed by a group of at least 20 fans. My security team didn’t hit any of them.”

‘Have yet to get a public apology from the player’

Saying that the “story is super embarrassing,” Spears wanted to bring attention to the violence that was uncalled for and urged celebrities to respectfully treat everyone, "This story is super embarrassing to share with the world but its out there already. However, I think it's important to share this story and to urge people in the public eye to set an example and treat all people with respect.” The ‘Crazy’ crooner added, "Physical violence is happening too much in this world. Often behind closed doors. I stand with all the victims and my heart goes out to all of you!!!”

She also demanded a “public apology” from the Spurs star which she has not yet received, “have yet to get a public apology from the player, his security or their organization. I hope they will…”