Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Today’ fans slam Savannah Guthrie on her major gig with Allrecipes: 'Never been in the kitchen'

2023-08-06 14:16
After ‘Today’ Savannah Guthrie announced her appearance on the cover of Allrecipes magazine, a surprising storm of backlash erupted on social media
'Today’ fans slam Savannah Guthrie on her major gig with Allrecipes: 'Never been in the kitchen'

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: After ‘Today’ host Savannah Guthrie recently made a major announcement about her career, a surprising storm of backlash erupted on social media. While several fans celebrated her milestone, others expressed their disappointment as they brutally slammed her online.

As news of the meteorologist's new venture became known after she revealed during Friday’s episode that she’s going to be on the cover page of the popular magazine Allrecipes, which previously had only food images, many ‘Today’ fans voiced their concerns and questioned magazine’s decision on social media. They took a jab not only at Guthrie but also at the magazine for their poor decision. One fan on Twitter stated that they have to “block” the magazine's content, writing, “This is like the 3rd or 4th time I have seen this deep state media propagandist in my feed. Allrecipes, you are one of my favorites, but I have to block your content now. I can't stomach traitors like @SavannahGuthrie. It makes me sad!”

Savannah Guthrie’s major gig

‘Today’ host Savannah Guthrie made an exciting career announcement as the first-ever cover star for the popular lifestyle magazine. Allrecipes magazine, an extension of the renowned website AllRecipes.com, is dedicated to food and cooking, serving as a vast online community and recipe platform where home cooks from around the world share and discover culinary delights.

During a recent episode of the 'Today' show, Guthrie, brimming with enthusiasm, revealed her feature on the magazine's cover. The magazine, which had previously only featured food images on its cover, chose Guthrie to celebrate its 10-year anniversary. In her cover story, Guthrie shared her journey as an amateur chef, offering insights into her passion for cooking and the favorite breakfast recipes of her children, Vale and Charley. Her co-hosts couldn't contain their excitement, with Hoda Kotb and Carson Daly expressing admiration for the new cover model. Guthrie's social media platforms were soon flooded with snapshots from the magazine spread and behind-the-scenes videos from the photo shoot.

‘Stick to real people’

As 'Today' supported its host by sharing her achievement on their food page on Instagram, many fans were not happy with Savannah Guthrie's Allrecipes magazine cover news and took to the comment section to slam her. Many criticized the decision, expressing discontent over a meteorologist gracing a food magazine's cover. Negative comments and backlash flooded the post as one fan wrote, “She does not impress me! Stick to recipes and real people!” Another fan commented, “No way!! She is why I don’t watch her news program!!” One more user added, “Why don’t you just feed her pockets of money? She should never be featured in a cooking magazine. Sorry, will not buy this. She’s a hard no for me!” A fan also questioned the magazine’s decision and Guthrie’s cooking skills, “Why? Exactly. She is the worst host and I remember watching earlier this week and she asked the dumbest question during a cookout g episode. Clearly has never been in the kitchen...”. A fan said something along similar lines, noting, “The people on the cover of a COOKING magazine should be people who’ve actually been in a kitchen!”, while another suggested Dylan Dreyer for the cover instead of Guthrie, saying, “Should have had Dylan on the cover! Won't be buying this issue!”

Tags news epcelebs