Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'It's getting exciting': Billie Eilish in 'final stages' of new album

2023-09-28 17:17
Billie Eilish doesn't have a release date for her third album just yet, but it's close to being finished.
'It's getting exciting': Billie Eilish in 'final stages' of new album

Billie Eilish is “in the final stages of making" her new album.

The 'What Was I Made For?' hitmaker has promised fans lots of new music is on the way, but she's yet to settle on a release date for her follow-up to 2021's 'Happier Than Ever'.

Appearing on Westwood One's 'The Cookout', Billie teased: “It is getting there and it’s very exciting."

Billie is once again working with her brother and collaborator Finneas on her third studio effort, and recently explained how she has experienced a "big jump" between the ages of 18 and 21 since the release of her record-breaking debut album, 'When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?'.

Speaking on Dua Lipa's 'At Your Service' podcast, Billie said of the music-making process: "Everything is different about it. I've been trying to compare recently, just because I'm getting used to doing it in a different way. And trying to be like, 'It's OK to do that. I'm OK. I'm still able to do that; I'm capable still.'"

The Grammy-winning star discussed the transition from making music in her childhood home to working in Finneas' basement studio for her last album 'Happier Than Ever' and felt as if the pair had "figured out" the process.

Billie explained: "We were like, 'We've got it all figured out, this is how we're going to do it from now on, and it works really well.'

"And, you know, touring for a year-and-a-half, then coming back to it, and being way older - and not even much older, but again, the jump between 18 and 21 is a big jump."

The 'Ocean Eyes' singer also admitted she feared she'd "lost it" as her vocals have changed.

She said: "The way that I exist in the room is different, my voice has completely changed since then... The voice-changing thing is a trip! It's all kind of shocking.

"I've gotten a little bit more like, 'OK, it's just change and I'm figuring that out.' It's hard to accept change, it's hard to get over, 'But I did this way for so long, and it worked so well!' Well, you can't anymore."