Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Madison Beer says women in music industry are 'conditioned' to believe they are 'rivals': 'So f*****g weird'

2023-09-19 15:51
Madison Beer said, 'People have been extremely wrong about my character and who I am as a person'
Madison Beer says women in music industry are 'conditioned' to believe they are 'rivals': 'So f*****g weird'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Madison Beer who skyrocketed to fame when Justin Bieber shared her YouTube cover of Etta James' "At Last" when she was just 13 years old, recently shared her candid thoughts on the music industry's competitiveness.

The 24-year-old pop sensation, who recently released her latest album 'Silence Between Songs,' revealed to People that she has been "conditioned" to believe that women in the music industry tend to view each other as rivals.

What did Madison Beer say?

In a conversation, Beer said, "I've always felt like that's so f*****g weird, and I hate that. I've never looked at other girls, really, as competition."

She added, "There have, unfortunately, been people l've met that I've loved that I've been like, 'Oh, f**k, I don't have your support because you might look at me and not want me to win because something in your head thinks that if I win, you lose,' and that's just not how I am."

However, Beer had nothing but admiration for Lana Del Rey, whom she regards as her source of inspiration. One of the most striking qualities Beer appreciates in Del Rey is her humility and lack of ego.

"I don't have an ego, and I don't think I'm the s**t because I know that I'm not," said Beer. "She knows that she's f*****g amazing, but she doesn't have this chip on her shoulder where she thinks she's better than people, and that really inspires me."

Madison Beer talks about being misjudged

In an attempt to dispel lingering misconceptions about her, the 24-year-old singer released her memoir, titled 'The Half of It,' earlier this year.

The pop star told The Independent, “People have been extremely wrong about my character and who I am as a person."

She added, “I think that I’ve been very much misjudged on that and it’s just a s****y feeling. It sucks being like, wow, the girl you’re talking about doesn’t exist. I wanted people to put this book down and be like, ‘wait, there’s so many people who I’ve judged wrong."

Since catching the eye of Bieber, Beer has embarked on a successful career, delivering one studio album, one EP, and 22 singles. She has gained recognition for her radio-friendly pop vocals.