Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'I would love to do it': David Dastmalchian makes pitch to play Bond villain

2023-08-14 17:51
David Dastmalchian has pitched himself to play the villain in the next James Bond movie.
'I would love to do it': David Dastmalchian makes pitch to play Bond villain

David Dastmalchian dreams of playing a James Bond villain.

The 'Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania' star has pitched himself to 007 bosses as an actor capable of playing an enemy to push the famous spy to his limits as the franchise embarks on a new era following Daniel Craig's exit.

In an interview with Slash Film – conducted before the SAG-AFTRA strike – David said: "It begins right now. So whoever is reading this, take it as a sign. You were meant to be reading this line at this moment as you're thinking about the future of what you guys are doing with this franchise.

"Trust me when I say that I can bring something to an enemy of 007, whether he or she or they be played in a way that no one has ever seen Bond brought to life before, which is of course the way that you guys always do it."

The 48-year-old star continued: "I think there's no one to push Bond to the limits of their capabilities the way that I could, and I would love to do it. So there's my pitch to them.

"I can't wait for them to read this. And then I will owe you when or if I ever get that role, I guess 10 per cent."

David stars in the new vampire film 'The Last Voyage of the Demeter' – based on 'The Captain's Log' chapter of Bram Stoker's 'Dracula' - as the first mate Wojchek and had an authentic appearance for the picture.

The 'Oppenheimer' actor explained: "Everyone was so collaborative on the film, and it was such an amazing team of artists from all over the world. I mean, Heike (Merker), who's the makeup department head, had really great, strong vision for the look of these sailors.

"I had some incredible teeth that were made for me because, as you know, back then, dental hygiene was probably not tantamount. So I didn't exactly have the shiniest set of molars."