Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Marlon Wayans' wife? 'White Chicks' actor reveals his eldest child is transgender, says 'I gotta respect their wishes'

2023-11-14 03:19
'As a parent I just want my children to be free – free in spirit, free in thought, free to be themselves,' said Marlon Wayans
Who is Marlon Wayans' wife? 'White Chicks' actor reveals his eldest child is transgender, says 'I gotta respect their wishes'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: The 'White Chicks' actor and comedian Marlon Wayans, who has had a long association with Angelica ‘Angela’ Zachary, has reportedly never been married.

Wayans has opened up about his eldest child Kai being a transgender. The 'Scary Movie' actor shares two children with Zackery, who were rumored to be married between 1992-2013, named Kai, 23, and Shawn, 21, reports Daily Mail.

What was Marlon Wayan's transgender child's earlier name?

Wayan while speaking to Breakfast Club said, "I have a daughter that transitioned into a son. My daughter Amai is now Kai, and so, I talk about the transition."

Not there's but "my transition as a parent, going from ignorance and denial to complete unconditional love and acceptance."

In the interview with the New York radio station, he added, "It was a very painful situation for me."

But, the comedian has now accepted the decision stating "he is fully behind his son, Kai, every step of the way," and love them unconditionally.

He added, "I gotta respect their wishes, and as a parent I just want my children to be free – free in spirit, free in thought, free to be themselves."

Why didn't Marlon Wayan 'ever get married'?

Marlon Wayan who lost his father Howell Wayans in April and his mother Elvira Wayans who was 81 in 2020 once detailed why he didn't get married.

"I never got married because I knew my mom needed me," he said, according to 'GMA' in 2021.

"On her death bed, I said, 'Can I tell you something woman?' She was in a lot of pain and she was fighting to stay alive and I say, 'I’m 47 years old and I’ve never been married because I always wanted you to be my number one girl,'" he added.

Wayan further said, "My mother turned over, she looked at me, she grabbed my hand, and she pulled me close to her. I said 'I know, I love you too.'"

He continued, "I gave her a kiss and I said, 'I'll see you soon, but not that soon because I got a s***load of life to live.' She laughed in pain, and I gave her a kiss, and those were my last words to my mom."

Tags news