Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Joe Jonas files for divorce from Sophie Turner, calls their 4-year-old marriage 'irretrievably broken'

2023-09-06 07:18
Sophie Turner and Joe Jonas got hitched in 2019 after dating for almost three years
Joe Jonas files for divorce from Sophie Turner, calls their 4-year-old marriage 'irretrievably broken'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Joe Jonas has officially filed for divorce from his wife Sophie Turner amid separation rumors.

According to court documents, the singer on Tuesday, September 5, went ahead with the process to dissolve their marriage.

According to People, the filing claims that "the marriage between the parties is irretrievably broken."

The filing also confirms that the celebrity couple has a prenup which will likely smoothen their separation proceedings.

When did Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner get married?

The musician and the actress got married in 2019 after dating for almost three years. They also share two children - Willa, three, and a second daughter referred to as D, 14 months old, in the documents.

Rumors were rife that all is not well between the two as it was said that Jonas had retained a divorce lawyer, but was still wearing his wedding band.

Earlier, Sophie shared how the two met in 2016. "We had a lot of mutual friends and they'd been trying to introduce us for a long time," she told Harper Bazaar UK.

"We were following each other on Instagram and he direct-messaged me one fine day, out of the blue," Sophie said.

Months later, it was official that the two were dating and Jonas was serious. “[He is] willing to settle down for her,” a source said.

“It’s lovely to be engaged. “Not like I achieved anything, but I found my person, like I'd find a house that I love and want to stay in forever,” Sophie said in 2018, adding, “sense of peace that comes with finding your person."

In an interview in 2019, the ‘Game of Thrones’ star lauded Joe for his support.

“A lot of [my happiness now] is to do with being with a person I've fallen in love with, who loves me more than he loves himself, and who wants to see me find my own happiness,” the 27-year-old said at the time.

“That was probably the biggest thing that pushed me to find who I am — and find my happiness in things other than acting," she continued.

Jonas Brothers recently got their star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame

The Jonas Brothers were recently inducted on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in January.

During the event, Joe acknowledged Sophie who was there to support her husband and brothers-in-law, as per People.

"Sophie, what's up homie? You're my partner in crime. You keep me motivated and inspired every day. I strive to be as cool as you,” Joe said from the podium.

Tags news epcelebs