Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Belal Muhammad? Joe Rogan once discussed MMA star's 'terrifying' eye injury during UFC fight

2023-08-15 16:48
On one of his podcasts with Louis CK, Joe Rogan mentioned UFC welterweight Belal Muhammad and his 'horrifying' injuries
Who is Belal Muhammad? Joe Rogan once discussed MMA star's 'terrifying' eye injury during UFC fight

AUSTIN, TEXAS: Joe Rogan once startled his listeners by detailing UFC fighter Belal Muhammad's 'terrifying' eye injury during the UFC fight.

Rogan invited comedian and actor Louis CK who has spent years in the UFC and is well aware of the horrific injuries sustained by UFC competitors during fights.

Who is Belal Muhammad?

Belal Muhammad is a mixed martial artist competing in the UFC Welterweight division. He has been fighting for Bellator and Titan FC since 2012 and is currently #3 in the rankings.

Muhammad made his UFC debut in 2016 and has faced various opponents, including Alan Jouban.

Joe Rogan once discussed Belal Muhammad's eye injury

On one of his podcasts with Louis, Rogan mentioned UFC welterweight Muhammad and his eye problem. According to Rogan, the fighter's eyes were damaged by years of fighting, resulting in a damaged retina and lens.

While discussing Muhammad's eye injury, Rogan stated, “I had a guy in the other day, Belal Muhammad. He’s a UFC fighter who’s had a detached retina, and a detached lens on his other eye."

The 55-year-old further added, "On both eyes…You’re talking to people like that, the game they’re playing is punching people in the face and a lot of times it’s going in the eyes because UFC gloves have open fingers. So guys accidentally get poked in the eye. F*****g terrifying.”

According to Rogan, because the gloves are left open in MMA, competitors frequently poke their fingers into their eyes, just like Muhammad did. Louis immediately made light of the situation, joking that he would never engage in MMA combat.

Belal Muhammad detailed his memories with Leon Edwards

In 2021, Muhammad and Leon Edwards fought each other at UFC Vegas 21, and during the bout, the referee asked the referee what to do to stop the fight before it was finished.

During an exchange, Edwards accidentally poked Muhammad’s eye, and the fighter was helpless.

After the fight, Muhammad talked with ESPN MMA and said, "I don't care about a broken hand, broken foot, or something like that."

He continued, "But losing vision is the scariest of all those things, as it happened to me. Just because I have experienced something like that where eye pokes have gone bad and I am like, you think about those things at that moment and I literally thought I was blind.”

When Edwards touched Muhammad's eyes, he was horrified since he was briefly blind and couldn't see anything. Even though Muhammad recovered and regained his vision, it appears that his eyes sustained irreversible harm.