Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Samuel Jackson reveals insane measures Marvel takes to prevent leaks: 'Someone printed out a copy of my Avengers script'

2023-06-23 17:49
When one of Samuel L Jackson's watermarked scripts was stolen and put up for sale, Marvel tried a creative way to lure out the culprit
Samuel Jackson reveals insane measures Marvel takes to prevent leaks: 'Someone printed out a copy of my Avengers script'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: The Marvel Cinematic Universe has gained a cult following from all over the world in the last few years, with all credit to its compelling storytelling and engaging characters that are highly relatable to the viewers. Fans of the franchise are always eager for new updates, which has unfortunately led to many scene leaks and instances of piracy over time.

Recently, Hollywood veteran Samuel L Jackson revealed the outlandish measures Marvel has taken to prevent leaks and anyone attempting to get video footage from MCU sets. While speaking to Entertainment Weekly, Jackson, who has been involved with the Marvel Cinematic Universe for years now playing Nick Fury, said the MCU has had issues with people flying drones over sets in hopes of catching a few glimpses of forthcoming movies and shows.

What did Samuel L Jackson say?

“They shot one down,” the 74-year-old, who is the second highest-grossing actor of all time, recalled, according to Clutchpoints. “And they followed one back to where the dude was. They found him and, yeah, they got him.” Don Cheadle, who co-stars with Jackson in 'Secret Invasion', added, "They didn't just hold up a picture of Mark Ruffalo and Tom Holland and say, ‘Don't be like these guys?'” while referring to them for being famous for dropping important spoilers before the release of the Marvel movies.

'Someone printed out a copy of my Avengers script'

“I remember when we got ready to do [The] Avengers, someone printed out a copy of my Avengers script that had my watermark on it and put it online for sale. I was shooting in Canada and Marvel came to Canada. It had been printed in the production office… They found out who it was, dude quit, [and] left the country. They set up a fake buy for the script, dude didn't show up. It was crazy,” he recollected.

'Thanos B was using the drones'

Jackson's revelations didn't go unnoticed on Twitter. One user tweeted, "In their next movie I will be starring as the drone." Another wrote, "I just know it was Jimin who stole the scripts and put it online.. we need to investigate it right now." Someone else said, "The movies are crap so why does someone need to leak it," while another echoed, "After stan lee died marvel has become trash it’s so sad." "Thanos B was using the drones to try to steal the infinity stones so she can get more streams," a tweet read.