Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Oliver Anthony called 'voice of a generation' as he drops new song 'I Want to Go Home'

2023-08-23 16:57
Oliver Anthony went viral and famous after releasing his first single 'Rich Men North of Richmond'
Oliver Anthony called 'voice of a generation' as he drops new song 'I Want to Go Home'

FARMVILLE, VIRGINIA: Virginia farmer Oliver Anthony, who gained immense popularity after releasing ‘Rich Men North of Richmond’, has released another track titled ‘I Want To Go Home’ on Spotify on Tuesday, August 22.

As the farmer-turned-musician, easily recognized by his distinctive red beard, dropped the song, fans fell in love with the new track. One fan even called him the "Voice of the Generation."

What is Oliver Anthony's ‘I Want To Go Home’ about?

Anthony's latest track documents the journey of a man in a world on the brink of a World War.

He sings, “Every day living in this new world is one too many days to me/ Son, we’re on the brink of the next World War and I don’t think nobody’s praying no more.”

He continued, “And I ain’t saying I know it for sure I’m just down on my knees, begging the Lord to take me home. I want to go home.”

The lyrics further read, “Seven generations farming the ground, grandson sells it to a man from out of town/ Two weeks later the trees go down, only got concrete growing around.”

The video of the song also ends with a verse from Mark 8:36 in the Bible, which reads, “For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?”

Net worth of Oliver Anthony

Anthony received immense love from the audience after the release of his hit tracks. As per his claims, he has received offers of upto $8M from several music producers, which he turned down.

Per Billboard, the independent singer-songwriter earned over $350,000 in royalties through the streaming of his songs.

'Oliver Anthony is the voice of a generation'

Anthony gained a loyal following after his soulful musical renditions went viral. One fan declared, "Oliver Anthony is the voice of a generation."

Someone else shared, "I never liked country - but there’s an aspect of blues in country music that resonates with me right now. a raw emotional plea for sanity hits a chord."

A third said, "God has blessed this young man. Stay Humble."

"This man is bringing bluegrass back. Dude is over here like a maestro in those woods," said someone else.

Another fan chimed in, "A Country singer hasn’t had this kinda voice in a very long time Legend in the making."

Another fan commented on the YouTube video, "Amen! I went to bed one uneventful night and woke up in chyna! Like it or not, you’re the voice of the people! God bless you!"

"Thank you for sharing your music and talents with us all, many of us feel the same. It's kinda beautiful how the "bride" is calling out to her "Groom" to come quickly. The things of this world no longer bedazzle us.....we just want our bridegroom!" said another.

Tags news