Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Was in bed for 3 years': Sia struggled with depression after divorce from first husband Erik Anders Lang

2023-09-15 20:54
'I got divorced and that really threw me for a loop,' said Sia
'Was in bed for 3 years': Sia struggled with depression after divorce from first husband Erik Anders Lang

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Australian singer Sia apparently drew inspiration for new music from the worst times she experienced after divorcing Erik Anders Lang, a documentary filmmaker.

The 47-year-old celebrity admitted to experiencing "severe depression" after divorcing her ex-husband after two years of marriage during an interview with Zane Lowe on Apple Music.

The 'Unstoppable' hitmaker opened up about her new album 'Reasonable Woman,' which is being hailed as her "first solo pop album" in eight years, saying, "Well, actually, the truth is that I had just been every now and again writing a song here or there for the last six, seven years."

"I got divorced and that really threw me for a loop. That was such a dark time that I was in bed for three years, really, really severely depressed. And so I couldn't really do anything for that period of time," she stated.

When was Sia married to Erik Anders Lang?

Erik is the host and director of the PGA Tour/SkratchTV documentary series 'Adventures in Golf'. He is also an enthusiastic golf fan.

Erik was a Dave Chapelle protege who produced successful documentaries and behind-the-scenes material for well-known brands including Louis Vuitton, Hollister, Honda, and MTV, as per The Sun.

Additionally, Lang has helmed music videos for artists like Moby, Escondido, and DA & The Jones.

In 2016, the director founded and launched his own production company, Pictures, Pictures.

Sia and Erik got married at her Palm Springs, California, home in August 2014, only two months after the Australian singer made her engagement public.

But in December 2016, the songwriter confirmed that she and Erik had separated after only two years of marriage.

The Grammy-nominated singer had reportedly mostly kept their romance a secret, although People outlet reported that they were no longer together but would still be "friends".

Who is Sia married to now?

Sia, whose full name is Sia Kate Isobelle Furler, is currently married to Dan Bernad. The couple tied the knot in a private ceremony at Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana's Villa Olivetta in Portofino, Italy, per PEOPLE.

It's unknown when the couple started dating, and Sia has kept their relationship private, only posting one photo of their relationship on Instagram last year.

"Pride forever! #lgbtqia+ #LAFC #22👀❤️ also just finished my next album! A great day all round!" she stated in a post in October 2022.