Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Fans ecstatic over Amber Heard's reduced 'Aquaman 2' screen time as actress 'only comes out once' in new trailer

2023-09-15 20:52
A user wrote, 'I love that Amber Heard only appeared in one frame during the whole trailer! cant wait not to see her in the whole movie'
Fans ecstatic over Amber Heard's reduced 'Aquaman 2' screen time as actress 'only comes out once' in new trailer

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: After making a buzz with the teaser of ‘Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom’, Warner Bros has finally dropped the trailer of the much anticipated DC movie, but fans are not happy with one character.

The movie starring Jason Momoa in the titular role is the sequel to the 2018 blockbuster ‘Aquaman’ and is slated for release on December 20, 2023.

While the trailer managed to garner the attention of the fans with hunky Jason Momoa and Patrick Wilson’s onscreen camaraderie, fans have noticed the lack of screen presence of Amber Heard.

While some of the fans are happy at Heard’s considerably reduced screen time (she appears just once in the trailer), some fans are demanding even less appearance of the 37-year-old actress.

Does Amber Heard have reduced screen time in Aquaman 2?

Following the Amber Heard-Johnny Depp trial, it was rumored that Amber Heard would be getting less than 10 minutes of screen timing in the ‘Aquaman 2’.

Film journalist Grace Randolph, known for her comic book movie news, said that Heard may have had less than 10 minutes of screen time after there was a petition to replace her, per Daily Mail.

Nearly two million people signed the petition to replace her in the upcoming DC movie.

Per Entertainment Weekly, Heard claimed during the trial that her role as Mera was “pared down” because of the controversy.

She claimed in the court saying she had to fight for her career and said, "I lost opportunities. I got dropped from jobs and campaigns."

Alleging that Warner Bros "didn't want to include” her, Heard said, they "basically took a bunch out of my role."

However, dismissing her claims, James Wan said to Entertainment Weekly that he originally planned the sequel of the 2018 smash hit movie to focus on the bonding between Arthur (Jason Momoa) and Orm (Patrick Wilson).

He said, "I always pitched this to everyone from the get-go. The first Aquaman was Arthur and Mera's journey. The second movie was always going to be Arthur and Orm.”

Wan added, "So, the first was a romance action-adventure movie, the second one is a bromance action-adventure movie. We'll leave it at that."

Whale it is not 10 minutes, Heard is rumored to have a reduced screen presence of around 30 minutes in the film.

'Love how Heard only comes out once in this entire trailer'

"I was excited about this before I saw the shot of Amber Heard at the end. Will wait to hear how much she's actually in this before deciding on seeing this one, I think," said a fan who claimed to have been excited about the film before seeing Heard.

Another user commented with a hypothesis that raised suspicion, "They delete comments with any mention of Amber Heard. I had one with hundreds of likes and now it's gone... I wonder why?"

Someone else commented, "If WB still kept Ezra Miller as the Flash, I don't think they were ever gonna drop Amber Heard either. All that I'm really excited for is Aqua Man!"

"I love that Amber Heard only appeared in one frame during the whole trailer! cant wait not to see her in the whole movie," quipped another.

Another enraged fan remarked, "Some people think that looks mean more than her abuse of JD, and her concerted attacks on anyone associated with helping him. Since she's still in it, I can't watch it. I don't watch movies that prop up abuse."

Someone else gushed about her sparse appearance in the trailer and said, "Love how Heard only comes out once in this entire trailer."

Another commented, "The shot of Mera (Amber Heard) being caged and trying to break free was satisfying. I see what you did there James Wan."