Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'I wanted to fight him': Jake Paul claims Nate Diaz 'ducked' out of $10M MMA fight

2023-09-08 14:16
Jake Paul said, 'MMA fighters have gone over to boxing, but I want to go over to MMA and Nate Diaz ducked the offer'
'I wanted to fight him': Jake Paul claims Nate Diaz 'ducked' out of $10M MMA fight

CLEVELAND, OHIO: Jake Paul is one of the most well-known names in the influencer industry and YouTube boxing. Since making the switch to professional boxing, Paul has been building to his already impressive record by taking on mixed martial artists who want to give the ring a shot.

Jake defeated Nate Diaz on August 05. The two of them discussed their other encounter and decided to have it again inside a cage. However, Paul now claimed that Diaz had 'ducked' out of the $10M MMA fight.

Jake Paul offered Nate Diaz a two-fight deal

Before their boxing match on August 5, Jake offered Nate a two-fight deal, with the first battle taking place in the boxing ring and the second in the MMA cage. Nate agreed, but only with the proviso that it not happen in the PFL since he had "no connection" to the promotion.

During a conversation, Paul brought up the subject. He stated, “We’re at the drawing board right now. Nate Diaz ducked the $10 million offer, so he’s not the bada*s that everyone said he was."

He continued, “I wanted to fight him in MMA and do something that no boxer has really ever done, which is, in the prime of their career, go over to MMA. MMA fighters have gone over to boxing, but I want to go over to MMA and Nate Diaz ducked the offer.”

A fan page on 'X' (previously known as Twitter), shared a clip, "NateDiaz is ducking @jakepaul's offer of MMA fight. All you MMA fans cry jake is not a real fighter. But Jake is the first boxer in history of boxing to cross over into MMA . Even Floyd Mayweather didnt had the courage to do that."

After the post went viral, Jake Paul's fans started reacting to it. A fan mocked Nate Dias, "Nate already got embarrassed in boxing now he don’t want to get embarrassed in his own sport too."

Another one wrote, "Jake's not actually a boxer but, he's fought ONE boxer in his career and got beat."

Jake Paul defeated Nate Dias

Jake Paul, a former YouTuber who now competes in mixed martial arts, defeated Nate Diaz while unbeaten. At the crowded American Airlines Centre, Paul overcame Diaz with a unanimous decision score of (97-92, 98-91, 98-91).

Following Diaz's injury in the opening round, Paul appeared to be cruising or quickly winning the match. But Diaz persisted, keeping the tension high throughout. Diaz, a former UFC champion, faced Paul in his professional boxing debut.