Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Mary Bruce? ‘GMA’ host Robin Roberts' absence from the studio allows unknown face to take over

2023-06-17 11:27
‘Good Morning America’ host Robin Roberts is covering the Special Olympics set to take place in Berlin from June 17
Who is Mary Bruce? ‘GMA’ host Robin Roberts' absence from the studio allows unknown face to take over

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Good Morning America’s star anchor Robin Roberts has lately been missing from all the action at the studio’s desk. She is halfway across the world in Berlin, Germany, covering for ABC at the Special Olympics World Games Berlin 2023, set to commence on June 17. The 62-year-old anchor has been a dedicated reporter for the channel and has never shied away from any assignments. Her absence from the studio has paved the way for a new and unfamiliar face to take her place back in America.

Robin was recently replaced by a completely new face at the desk during the June 16 broadcast of the morning show. Robin has been away for almost half of the week while Rebecca Jarvis, Linsey Davis, and a few others have had the privilege to fill in for the esteemed anchor. But when a completely unexpected face, who was later recognized as Mary Bruce, took over the desk, questions were raised, the biggest one being — Who is Mary Bruce?

Who is Mary Bruce?

Mary Bruce is a 36-year-old journalist and is the chief White House correspondent for ABC News since April 2023. Mary is a reputed journalist with over 16 years of experience in the field and started as a desk assistant at ABC News in 2006. She then joined ‘This Week’ with George Stephanopoulos as a researcher and segment producer and was a White House producer for five years during Barack Obama’s administration. She also worked as a multi-platform reporter before being promoted to congressional correspondent in 2015.

Mary even served as lead campaign correspondent in 2020 and became senior White House correspondent at the start of Joe Biden’s administration. In Robin’s absence, Mary took a spot next to Michael Strahan and George Stephanopoulos on 'GMA', and while she may not have been a recognizable face to the morning viewers, she has been associated with the ABC family for a long time.

Robin announced her Berlin trip

Robin recently announced that she will be missing from the studio and will be heading to Berlin. "Me, my GlamFam, and even sweet Amber are heading to Berlin after the show today," she told her followers. “We're going to be at the Special Olympics World Games. And we love being with the athletes and the families, and all of the volunteers. So, we'll be live from Berlin on Friday.”

Robin shared her excitement once again with her followers on Instagram when she reached Berlin. In her Instagram post, she said, “Good morning! I always dreamed of being the host of the Olympic Games. God had something even better in mind…being host of Special Olympic World Games, GlamFam and I are enjoying our time here in Berlin and would love to hear what you are most grateful for on this Thankful Thursday happy friday eve."