Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Is Shawty Bae OK? Fans 'concerned' as troubling signs emerge in TikTok star's latest videos

2023-08-13 16:55
Shawty Bae previously disclosed that she has Bell's Palsy which is a medical condition that causes temporary paralysis on one side of the face
Is Shawty Bae OK? Fans 'concerned' as troubling signs emerge in TikTok star's latest videos

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Shawty Bae, also known by her real name Jasmine Orlando, is a prominent TikToker and influential figure on social media. She gained a dedicated and enthusiastic following in the early 2020s, particularly among women, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Latina TikTokers.

Excerpts from her TikTok videos and live broadcasts were repurposed into memes within the FlopTok meme community. These memes often highlighted some of her signature phrases such as "Oh my gatos," "I'm richness," and "I'm famousness," among others.

Her popularity surged at the beginning of 2023 as seemingly chaotic videos from her meet-and-greet events circulated on social media. However, some fans expressed concern about her behavior and speculated on her health, drawing parallels with autism.

Is Shawty Bae OK?

A Reddit user expressed their concerns regarding the TikToker in a post titled, "I'm concerned about Shawty Bae." "Tbh I’m mostly tired of seeing her on my time line. I’m not trying to diagnose her but I have a very close friend who’s autistic and Shawty bae has very similar traits," the post read.

"This is not to say people who are autistic can’t live normal fun lives but I feel like she is getting taken advantage of. Jenika and Willito did a podcast and were saying how Willito 'saved" her. I do think he cares for her but he plays with her emotions a lot and it’s clear she takes all the jokes seriously," the post added.

It further continued, "She got popular because she’s funny but you know people on tiktok make fun of people who have disabilities and turn them into memes almost. Everyone is always like 'she’s so full of herself' she needs to be humble… well the internet and all her people around her are feeding that to her."

"I really hope that she has genuine people around her who are looking out for her," the person concluded.

I’m concerned about Shawty Bae.
by u/Intrepid-Zucchini-69 in tiktokgossip

Fans suspect Shawty Bae is being exploited

Several people commented on the post, sharing their own concerns about the TikToker.

One user wrote, "I don’t know much about her except her little tag lines she has and yes she’s funny. I feel sorry for her bc I think there’s a lot of jealously that 'someone like her' would get 'famous..'

The user continued, "..I do see her being taken advantage of and she does need someone mature in her corner to guide her, she’s very young and her parents have seem to sheltered her which is why she’s now partying etc."

I don’t see anything wrong with her behavior as she’s doing what almost all 20 year olds do but like I said bc of how she looks she gets picked apart for absolutely everything," the user concluded.

Second fan commented, "This girl does not have the wherewithal to make good decisions; she is easily influenced and it makes her extremely vulnerable to be taken advantage of. I have a feeling that she only takes a small portion of what she makes as an influencer because she doesn’t know better."

Her ‘friends’ are also not her friends and use her as the pun of every joke—which she fails to recognize. It’s honestly sad to witness," the fan concluded.

A third agreed, saying, "They 100% take advantage of her! Especially all those clout chasing guys who flirt with her and act like they like her."

They continued, "I hope she is truly getting paid now, I remember back when she was living with her mom she was excited because a company paid her $50 to promote some phone cases … and she had over 1 million followers already!"

Does Shawty Bae have a condition?

Shawty Bae previously disclosed that she has Bell's Palsy. It is a medical condition that causes sudden, temporary weakness or paralysis of the muscles on one side of the face.

@jtea.lives03 Shawty bae explains her condition bells palsy @shortybaeoffical @coconutsbaes1 #shortybae #fyp #foryoupage #bellspalsy ♬ original sound - JTea.lives03

Bell's Palsy occurs due to the inflammation or damage of the facial nerve, which controls the muscles responsible for facial expressions. The exact cause of Bell's Palsy is often unclear, but it's believed to be related to viral infections, particularly the herpes simplex virus.

Symptoms of Bell's Palsy can include drooping of one side of the face, difficulty closing the eye, difficulty smiling, and changes in taste or increased sensitivity to sound in one ear. While Bell's Palsy can be concerning, most people experience improvement and recovery over time, often within a few weeks to months.

Tags news