Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

‘I left that night as his wife’: Jada Pinkett opens up on Oscars slap, says she will remain by Will Smith's side

2023-11-15 04:29
'Even though we hadn’t been calling each other husband and wife in a long time, I said, ‘I’m his wife now. That’s who I am,' Jada Pinkett Smith said
‘I left that night as his wife’: Jada Pinkett opens up on Oscars slap, says she will remain by Will Smith's side

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Jada Pinkett Smith is under the spotlight following her memoir 'Worthy' which was released last month and she is not leaving her husband's side despite huge backlash on the internet.

In the 400-page memoir, Jada detailed the bond between her and Will Smith and the deep cracks in their relationship, among other things, including her relationship with Tupac Shakur.

How a slap brought Jada Pinkett and Will Smith closer

While their marriage has always been in the spotlight, it received extra attention last year when Smith slapped comedian Chris Rock during the Oscars over a joke about her.

The couple, unknowingly to the world, were separated at the time. Pinkett Smith said that while the slap and what led to it are “Will’s story to tell,” she suggested the incident helped bring them closer.

“I might not have walked in there as his wife,” she said of the 2022 Oscars, “but I left that night as his wife. And as I sit here today, I am going to be by his side always,” she told CBS Mornings.

She also told the New York Times earlier, “Even though we hadn’t been calling each other husband and wife in a long time, I said, ‘I’m his wife now. We in this.’ That’s just who I am."

"That’s the gift I have to offer, like, ‘Hey, I’m riding with you,’” she added.

Why did Will Smith and Jada Pinkett separate in 2016?

Often hailed as a power couple, Jada Pinkett Smith and Will Smith separated in 2016, a separation that “did work,” she said.

Their separation only became known to the public last month when Pinkett Smith spoke to People magazine about it.

“I needed time for emotional maturity,” Pinkett Smith told the station in the latest interview.

“First of all, I was in a deep healing process, and I think I needed to really dissolve some false ideas of what marriage is, false ideas of what I thought Will needed to be for me, versus what I needed to learn to be for myself in order to have a loving relationship,” she added.

'I had to really do some deep healing,' Jada Pinkett Smith said

“I had to really do some deep healing,” Jada Pinkett Smith said about her separation from Will Smith.

On having perfect but unable to live it, Jada said, "I probably did have the perfect life. I just couldn't see it because there was so much hurt and imperfection within me."

She added, "I had to go through a long healing process to get to a place of joy and happiness."

Tags news