Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Joe Rogan and Ralph Barbosa discuss 'crazy' amount of money people spend on Jeff Bezos' Blue Origin space flight

2023-11-24 15:29
Joe Rogan and Ralph Barbosa recently discussed about people spending huge amount of money on space flight tickets
Joe Rogan and Ralph Barbosa discuss 'crazy' amount of money people spend on Jeff Bezos' Blue Origin space flight

AUSTIN, TEXAS: In a recent episode of the JRE podcast, stand-up comedian Ralph Barbosa and UFC commentator Joe Rogan engaged in a discussion in the recent episode of 'JRE Podcast'. During the conversation, Rogan started researching the cost of space travel.

He expressed his astonishment upon discovering the substantial price Blue Origin, owned by Jeff Bezos, charges for a suborbital journey.

Joe Rogan and Ralph Barbosa discuss about money spent on space travel

During the podcast, Joe Rogan said, "I think you can already get into space for that amount of cheddar. I think you can get into space for like 250. For suborbital flights, Blue Origin typically charges around $200,000-$300,000 per person… for those looking to go into orbit, Blue Origin’s orbital launch services range from $50 million to $100 million per person. Yo that is a giant difference."

Suborbital flight refers to a type of spaceflight that reaches space but doesn't achieve the necessary velocity or altitude to complete an orbit around a celestial body, like Earth. Joe Rogan, during the conversation on his podcast, was noticeably surprised upon learning about the hefty price tag of $50–100 million that Blue Origin, Jeff Bezos' aerospace company, charges for its orbital launch services.

Internet reacts to 'JRE podcast' clip

As soon as the 'JRE podcast' was uploaded on YouTube, many people shared their views and commented on the video. A user commented, "Imagine the irony of going into space and laughing at the people that died in the submarine. Then your rocket crashes into the ocean and sinks to the bottom beside the Titanic."

Another user said, "Sub-orbital means any trajectory with a peak of approximately 100km or higher, but does not make at least one complete orbit around the Earth. In the case of Blue Origin they go straight up to about 100km and straight back down."

A user also mentioned, "Crazy they got that kind of money, I would buy all the stuff before wanting a flight into space. I really want/need a new motorcycle if anyone out there cares to help lol I want a one thousand liter bike."

A user also stated, "Imagine Joe pays NASA lots of money just to have a Space podcast" whereas one said, "yo this is the collabs we need now bring the younger comedians on."

Tags news