Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Matthew Perry's death: Fans rally around Selma Blair as she posts heartbreaking tribute to 'oldest boyfriend'

2023-10-29 19:47
Selma Blair shared an emotional tribute to Matthew Perry after his death, with fans offering their condolences and support on social media
Matthew Perry's death: Fans rally around Selma Blair as she posts heartbreaking tribute to 'oldest boyfriend'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Following the tragic news of 'Friends' star Matthew Perry's death at 54 from what appeared to be a drowning accident at his house, Selma Blair, Olivia Munn, Mira Sorvino, and Rumer Willis gathered to share their sorrow.

Fans also paid tribute to Perry on X (formerly Twitter) for his work as an actor and for playing the beloved Chandler Bing, on the popular NBC sitcom for ten seasons, costarring with Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, Lisa Kudrow, Matt LeBlanc, and David Schwimmer.

Law enforcement officials reportedly informed TMZ that Perry was discovered at a Los Angeles house on Saturday, October 28, following the arrival of emergency personnel for a cardiac arrest.

No drugs were discovered at the scene, and there was no sign of foul play, despite reports that he was found unconscious in the home's jacuzzi.

Selma Blair remembers her 'oldest boy friend'

Upon learning of the tragic news, 'Cruel Intentions' actress Selma Blair, 51, apprised her fans that she "loved him unconditionally" and was "broken" by his departure after sharing an adorable selfie with her "oldest boy friend."

She captioned the photo, which had both of them smiling at the camera: "My oldest boy friend. All of us loved Matthew Perry, and I did especially. Every day. I loved him unconditionally. And he me. And I’m broken. Broken hearted. Sweet dreams Matty. Sweet dreams."

Fans swarm Selma Blair after she shares emotional ode to Matthew Perry

Online fans flocked to social media platforms to support Blair in her emotional tribute to the beloved 'Friends' star.

One Instagram follower wrote in the comment section, "The one with the broken heart. I hug you tight," while another one added, "So so sad. Sending you love . Rest in paradise Matt."

A third one added, "For those of us who knew him through our tv screens or his book and we are heartbroken…. Can’t imagine those he loved and loved him how big that hole is right now. Sending you big love. So thankful he shared himself with all of us. Love to Selma. ❤️"

TV personality Carrie Ann Inaba also commented, "I’m so sad to hear of his sudden passing. Sending so much love…. May he rest in peace. 🙏🏼🤍"

Other fans took to X to rally Blair, with one saying, "Selma Blair's heartfelt tribute to Matthew Perry beautifully expresses the deep connection and affection so many of us had for him. He was more than just an actor; he was a friend to those who loved his work. It's clear how much he meant to her and to all of us. Rest in peace, Matthew Perry. #RememberingMatthewPerry"

A second X user exclaimed, "So heartbreaking. I so very sad he died alone when he was loved by so many. I hope he finally finds peace."

"Crushing news. I’m so sorry for the loss of your close, personal friend," added another one.

Tags news