Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

A love story for the ages: Look back at all the times Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter were captured on the kiss cam

2023-11-20 21:23
The love story of former president Jimmy Carter and former first lady Rosalynn Carter is undoubtedly one of the most charming romances of our time
A love story for the ages: Look back at all the times Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter were captured on the kiss cam

ATLANTA, GEORGIA: The love story of former President Jimmy Carter and former First Lady Rosalynn Carter is undoubtedly one of the most charming and lasting romances of our time.

Their marriage, spanning almost eight decades, was known for the couple's deep affection and commitment to each other.

Even after more than 77 years together, until Mrs Carter's passing on Sunday, November 19, they never shied away from expressing their love openly.

Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter, deeply in love, were frequently captured on camera sharing affectionate moments and kisses at various sporting events, including football, basketball, and baseball games.

As proud natives of Georgia, the Carters were avid fans of Atlanta's local teams, namely the Atlanta Braves for baseball and the Atlanta Hawks for basketball.

As the longest-married presidential couple in history, their attendance at these games was not just a testament to their steadfast support for their favorite teams, but also an opportunity for them to engage in endearing displays of intimacy, much to the delight of their admirers.

'Rosalynn was my equal partner in everything I ever accomplished'

Jimmy Carter, who celebrated his 99th birthday in October, wrote a heartfelt tribute on the passing of his wife. In the statement through the Carter Center, the 39th American President wrote, “Rosalynn was my equal partner in everything I ever accomplished.”

He continued, “She gave me wise guidance and encouragement when I needed it. As long as Rosalynn was in the world, I always knew somebody loved and supported me.”

Love story for the ages

While all the PDAs of a much-in-love couple is impossible to chronicle, the tradition of the couple appearing at the Kiss Cams during the Hawks and Braves' matches made them extra interesting to the public.

In what appears to be a photo from 2021, the former President and the former First Lady appeared to have rang in the New Year of 2021 together, wrapped in each other arms, and kissing "while watching the Peanut Drop in their hometown of Plains."

It is thus, of no surprise that the couple spent their 2019 Valentine's Day watching their favorite basketball team Atlanta Hawks take on the New York Knicks. However, it is not only their attendance at the stands that grabbed eyeballs, but rather the small kiss they shared became the highlight.

The Carter couple were caught locking lips on the Kiss Cam during the match.

The couple were captured sharing a kiss during the Atlanta Braves' game as well in September 2015. Needless to say, the couple's open display of affection facilitated a meltdown amomg the fans.

2000s

In another undated photo of the couple from the 2000s or early 2010s, the couple was once again caught kissing on camera.

Jimmy Carter and Rosalynn Carter's love transcended ages with their moments of intimacy captured in black and white cameras as well.

In an undated photo, which some sources claim to be from 1979, the couple have been photographed kissing in front of a United States presidential helicopter.

Tags news