Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Emma Eastwood? Margot Robbie's 'Barbie' body-double opens up about life on sets of summer blockbuster

2023-06-29 01:55
Emma Eastwood is originally from California and currently lives in London has previously worked in music videos and adverts
Who is Emma Eastwood? Margot Robbie's 'Barbie' body-double opens up about life on sets of summer blockbuster

LONDON, ENGLAND: Margot Robbie's body double in the yet-to-release movie 'Barbie' opened up on what it was like to be part of the much-anticipated blockbuster. Emma Eastwood acted as a stand-in for the Australian actress in the Greta Gerwig project.

Eastwood auditioned to be an extra in the movie and was turned down twice. However, she unexpectedly received a message from a casting director asking her to act as Robbie's body double. She was able to help the production light scenes or shoot scenes where the Oscar-nominated actress's face was not in it as they were of the same size and coloring.

Who is Emma Eastwood?

The 26-year-old who is originally from California and currently lives in London has previously worked in music videos and adverts. However, Barbie was the first work where she acted as a body double. Eastwood shared that she "had her own trailer" and while on the set she "got the star treatment" which made her feel "really spoiled" at the Warner Brothers studio. She was required to be on set at 6.00 am and had to wake up before sunrise.

Talking to the New York Times, Eastwood said the trailer has included a shot of her acting as her feet hurt when she walked up a set of stairs. "They didn't give me any details of what we would be doing," she told the outlet and added, "There were a couple of times they said the whole cast would be there and it would be an important day, but they never actually gave me any details of what we would be doing until I was on set."

'She told me she felt like she was looking in the mirror'

Sharing her experience on set, Eastwood said she sat for hours in hair and make-up and to replicate the sunkissed look of Barbie, she was mostly in fake tan. The actress said that to avoid damaging her clothes for the scene, she would only wear her own clothes until she is called to go on set.

Eastwood shared that she often had no clue what was being filmed and she does not know the plot as she will not be able to watch the $100 million-budget fantasy flick until it hits the US/UK theaters on July 21 to see which parts of the movie she has been featured in.

The A-lister's body double said she had to lay on the ground facedown for nearly an hour. "When I got up, I literally felt drunk I have no idea what that scene was about," she said. Speaking of the rare chance she was able to meet Robbie, Eastwood said the actress was "amazing, so lovely" and "even sweeter than you'd expect" and added, "She told me she felt like she was looking in the mirror and I almost fainted."

Tags news