Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Does Brian Cox hate Meryl Streep? Here’s why ‘Succession’ star told her ‘I never liked you’

2023-06-14 11:29
Brian Cox and Emily Blunt got together for 'Actors on Actors' and discussed a wide range of topics including her work with Meryl Streep
Does Brian Cox hate Meryl Streep? Here’s why ‘Succession’ star told her ‘I never liked you’

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: As Variety rolls out newer episodes of ‘Actors on Actors’, more secrets are revealed, and some stand out in particular. In their most recent episode, ‘The Devil Wears Prada’ star Emily Blunt, and ‘Succession’ legend Brian Cox got together for an interesting discussion about everything under the sun, including Meryl Streep. When it comes to Blunt, she is admittedly the biggest fan of Streep, having worked on ‘The Devil Wears Prada’ together. However, Cox did not seem to share the same viewpoint.

Cox had a lot to talk about during this interview, from his character Logan Roy on ‘Succession’ to how he once confessed his true feelings to Streep—and we aren’t talking about a crush. Cox admits in the interview that he bluntly told Streep, “I never liked you.” Cox is most definitely an impressive man at 77 years of age and has plenty of stories about his life, but this one might just make it to the top. What made Cox say that?

‘I never liked you’

Cox and Blunt talked about ‘The Devil Wears Prada’ star and Cox recalled one of his meetings with Streep in the Variety interview. Cox openly admitted his adverse feelings to Streep, saying, “I never liked you.” He also told Blunt that Streep responded with a simple, “What?” Which is when Cox detailed the reason. “I never liked you because I was jealous,” Cox previously said to Streep, and he then exclaimed to Blunt in the interview, “How can anybody be that good?”

While Cox’s confession might have carried some negativity, the ‘Succession’ star meant well. Turns out, he is just as big a Streep fan as anyone else. Blunt admitted that the way Cox feels about Streep, Blunt feels about Cox, and maybe that’s just the circle of life—or circle of Hollywood, in this case.

Cox wants to work with Streep

In the same interview, Cox also admitted that he loved watching ‘The Devil Wears Prada’ and envied Blunt for having the opportunity to work with Streep so early on in her career. Cox said, “One of my ambitions, before I snuff it, is to work with Meryl.” One can only hope that Cox is able to do so in his lifetime and that if he does, he doesn’t tell Streep about how much he doesn’t like her once again, although it might make for a good laugh. If there’s ever a ‘Succession’ prequel dedicated to Logan Roy, fans can hope that Streep makes an appearance!

Tags news epcelebs