Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

What did Angus Cloud's mother say about his death? Lisa Cloud shares emotional social media post

2023-08-06 18:22
'Euphoria' star Angus Cloud's mother refutes claims that he died by suicide in an emotional social media post
What did Angus Cloud's mother say about his death? Lisa Cloud shares emotional social media post

OAKLAND, CALIFORNIA: In an emotional statement on Facebook on Saturday, August 5, Angus Cloud's mother, Lisa Cloud, insisted that the young actor did not die by suicide. The actor, who was best known for playing the drug dealer Fezco in the HBO series 'Euphoria' died on July 31 at his family's Oakland, California, residence according to People. Lisa also addressed Angus' sorrow over the death of his father, Conor Hickey, in the Facebook post.

Moreover, insiders told TMZ that Angus had recently experienced suicidal thoughts. According to a statement sent to Deadline by Michael Hunt, the Oakland Fire Department's public information officer, a medical emergency was reported to 911 at around 11:30 AM on Monday, July 31. The patient was pronounced deceased at the site when paramedics arrived, and the cause is now unknown, said the statement.

What did Angus Cloud's mother say about his death?

Cops believed Angus' death might have been the result of a suicidal overdose, but his mother refuted that theory. Lisa claimed that on his last day of life, her son was making plans for the future and even appeared to be in a good mood. In a Facebook statement written four days after the actor died, Angus' mother, Lisa Cloud Mclaughlin, claimed that her son "did not intend to end his life."

She began the post by saying, "Friends, I want you all to know I appreciate your love for my family at this shattered time. I also want you to know that although my son was in deep grief about his father's untimely death from mesothelioma, his last day was a joyful one." Lisa continued by describing his last day, "He was reorganizing his room and placing items around the house with intent to stay a while in the home he loved. He spoke of his intent to help provide for his sisters at college, and also help his mom emotionally and financially."

"He did not intend to end his life," Lisa stated. "When we hugged goodnight, we said how much we loved each other and he said he would see me in the morning," she added. "I don't know if or what he may have put in his body after that. I only know that he put his head on the desk where he was working on art projects, fell asleep and didn't wake up." He had no intention of taking his own life, Lisa stated.

"When we hugged goodnight, we said how much we loved each other and he said he would see me in the morning," she added. "I have no idea what he might have put in his body after that or if he had. I only know that while working on creative projects, he put his head on the desk, dozed off, and never woke up. The actor's mother continued by saying that even if "we may find out that he overdosed accidentally and tragically," it is "abundantly clear that he did not intend to check out of this world."

She remarked, "His struggles were real. He gave and received so much love and support to and from his tribe." Lisa continued, saying that despite "social media posts [that] have suggested his death was intentional," this is incorrect. She added, "I want you to know that is not the case." She remarked, "His struggles were real. He gave and received so much love and support to and from his tribe." Lisa continued, saying that despite "social media posts [that] have suggested his death was intentional," this is incorrect. She added, "I want you to know that is not the case."

Lisa said, "Angus' head injury 10 years ago miraculously didn't result in death as it almost always does." Citing his work in 'Euphoria,' which she said "became a lightning rod for his generation and opened up a conversation about compassion, loyalty, acceptance and love," she wrote, "He was given 10 bonus years and filled them with creativity and love." The bereaved mother concluded her piece by pleading with anybody who wished to pay tribute to Angus to "please make random acts of kindness part of your daily life. Bless your hearts."

'Mural by Angus' friends'

Lisa paid tribute to her late son and husband on Facebook on Thursday, August 3. Along with a picture of the actor as a boy with his father, she also posted a picture of a mural that was painted in Oakland in Angus's honor. "Mural by Angus' friends in Oakland, picture of Angus resting on his dad," Lisa wrote. "I'd like to imagine them together now." Angus suffered from the loss of his father and died at his family's Oakland, California home, according to a statement from his family.

Tags news