Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is David Stanley? Elvis Presley's stepbrother retracts claim he died by suicide after ex fiancee calls it 'garbage'

2023-06-28 18:58
In documentary 'Elvis' Women,' Stanley alleged that Presley died by suicide, suggesting he had intentionally taken medication that led to his death
Who is David Stanley? Elvis Presley's stepbrother retracts claim he died by suicide after ex fiancee calls it 'garbage'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Elvis Presley's stepbrother, David Stanley, has issued an apology after making controversial claims about the King of Rock and Roll's death. In the documentary titled 'Elvis' Women,' Stanley alleged that Presley died by suicide, suggesting that the singer had intentionally taken medication that led to his demise. However, his statements have been met with criticism, particularly from Ginger Alden, Presley's former fiancée, who slammed Stanley for spreading 'garbage' claims.

Alden expressed her disappointment in Stanley's assertions, stating, "Unfortunately, Elvis' step-brothers have changed stories and even fabricated some tales I know to be false over the years," reported Page Six. "One brother [of the three] later created a complete garbage story about suicide years back, and it looks like he resurfaced with it again," she added. Alden firmly discredited the notion that Presley died by suicide, reaffirming that he passed away from a heart attack at the age of 42 on August 16, 1977.

'I love and will always love Elvis!'

Recognizing the impact of his words, Stanley took to Instagram to issue an apology. He wrote, "To all the Elvis Fans and associates that follow me here on Facebook and beyond, I am sorry for the derogatory comments I made in a documentary about Elvis that was filmed last year. There is no excuse for my comments and I can fully understand why you would be angered. I love and will always love Elvis and being part of his family. He is more than worthy of the love you have for him. He loved you. I love you and all I can ask of you is for you to forgive me for my irresponsible actions.”

Stanley, along with his brothers Ricky and Billy, became part of Presley's life when their mother married Presley's father, Vernon, in 1960. Stanley worked as an assistant for Presley starting in 1972 and has since leveraged his association with the legendary musician, writing books and creating a one-man show in Las Vegas.

In the controversial documentary 'Elvis' Women', Stanley made the shocking allegations about Presley's death. “He premeditated taking the medications that killed him. Love, hurt, pain, exposure — he just couldn’t take it anymore,” the 67-year-old claimed.

'Elvis could talk the socks off you!'

Stanley also suggested that Presley's alleged relationships with teenage girls and the fear of exposure played a role in his decision. He said the singer’s “taste for young girls, aged 15, or 16” sickened him and called it a “miracle” that Presley wasn’t “busted.” “He got away with things most people didn’t, because of his money, fortune, fame and power, charisma and magnetism,” Stanley alleged. “Elvis could talk the socks off you.”

Interestingly, Stanley's recent comments contradict his earlier denial of making such claims about Presley's death. In a since-deleted post, he vehemently denied ever making such a statement, calling it "pure bulls–t" and labeling anyone who believed it as a fool. “The media world can be a very dirty place. It will make up all kinds of trash just to sell it product.” Stanley continued his self-righteous tirade, writing, “My family has been dealing with trash media from the time we moved into Graceland in 1960. But this recent headline has gone way too far. I don’t know how to stop their bulls–t but I will be speaking to [my] attorney this week hope this s–t challenged.”

Tags news