Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Charli D'Amelio: Why did fan favorite TikTok sensation struggle with body image issue?

2023-05-24 16:49
Charli D'Amelio talks about her struggle with body image, keep reading to know more
Charli D'Amelio: Why did fan favorite TikTok sensation struggle with body image issue?

Behind all the success comes hidden insecurities, secrets, and struggles. The 19-year-old D'Amelio sister, Charli D'Amelio opened up about her struggles with her body image. The 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 31 winner, shared that her experience in the dance industry has not always been as positive.

In one of the episodes of her Hulu reality series, 'The D'Amelio Show', the multihyphenate opened up about her struggles and how a past dance teacher made her feel insecure. However, she also had some advice for her fans. Keep reading to know more.

READ MORE

Charli D'Amelio: TikTok star's top 5 makeup-free moments in photos

What is Charli D'Amelio's net worth? ‘Dancing With The Stars’ star has her own line of clothing on Amazon

Why Charli struggled with body image?

When the TikTok star traveled to Connecticut to visit her family, Charli landed at an old dance studio where she had once studied. She complimented the teachers for providing a safe haven for her while she was a student there, but in a confessional, she admitted that as a young dancer, she wasn't always exposed to such supportive situations.
She said, "I had a dance teacher that was really sh***y and that messed me up for a while. I mean, words have so much power, especially when it comes to young dancers. All they want is to have that validation from the people that are teaching them, I struggled for a long time and I did it as quietly as I could and that was really hard."

'It’s something that follows you'

Charli never shied away from sharing her insecurities, She also spoke about this and her panic attacks in an interview with People in September 2022. “It’s something that follows you,” Charli told the portal. "And your job and responsibility for your own mental health is to learn how to best handle that for yourself. Obviously, everybody's different and it can be a less consistent pattern, but it's still things that you have to deal with and it'll go up and down... Just day by day, you never know," she concluded.

Tags news epcelebs