Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Collin Gosselin reveals his mother Kate Gosselin took 'out her anger and frustration' on him after her nasty divorce

2023-07-11 00:46
'I know my mother was going through a lot. I mean, a divorce and plenty of different things that can’t be easy to go through,' Collin Gosselin said
Collin Gosselin reveals his mother Kate Gosselin took 'out her anger and frustration' on him after her nasty divorce

MOORESVILLE, NORTH CAROLINA: Collin Gosselin has opened up about his bitter life with his mother Kate Gosselin before he moved in with his father Jon Gosselin. In a preview of the 'Dark Side of the 2000s' documentary released on Vice TV on Friday, July 7, the teenager accused his mother of taking out her 2009 divorce "anger and frustration" on him.

"I know my mother was going through a lot of things. I mean, a divorce and plenty of different things that can’t be easy to go through," the 19-year-old said in the preview. "And, you know, I want to think that she needed someone to take out her anger and frustration on, and it was just kind of me. I was in the way and I was there. So, she chose me," Collin said.

Collin acknowledges he was not a 'perfect child'

Though the former child reality star who spent years in a behavioral institution acknowledged that he was not a "perfect child," Collin said that his "misbehaving was no different than" his siblings including the 22-year-old twins Madelyn and Cara, and fellow sextuplets Joel, Aaden, Alexis, Hannah, and Leah.

In the documentary which is set to be released on July 18, Hannah also spoke to the outlet about how Collin was treated at their mother's home. "[Collin] would be separated from us. Like, he would not get to come and play outside with us. He would eat dinner at different times than us," she alleged. "I don’t think the effort was made in the home to help him learn what behavior is acceptable and what behavior is not acceptable,” Hannah added.

Collin said he is 'doing very well' without his estranged mother in his life

Following his shift to his 46-year-old father's house in 2018, Collin spoke to ET in November 2022 about his nonexistent relationship with the 'Kate Plus' alum. He told the outlet that while it is "unfortunate" to remain estranged from his 48-year-old mother, he is "doing very well" without her presence in his life and added that he would not "sit around and mourn and cry about it."

"If she doesn’t want to show up, she doesn’t have to," Collin said of his mother following the custody hearing in 2018 which he said did not "bother" him. Kate who attended his and Hannah's graduation in June reportedly did not speak to Collin who then took to Instagram to share a post on his graduation where he did not mention Kate but praised his father's ex Colleen Conrad.

Tags news epcelebs