Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Internet not convinced of Jamie Lynn's love for elder sister Britney Spears: 'We don’t believe her'

2023-11-25 19:18
Fans remind Jamie Lynn of her involvement in sister Britney Spear's 13-year conservatorship
Internet not convinced of Jamie Lynn's love for elder sister Britney Spears: 'We don’t believe her'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Jamie Lynn Spears has recently shared insights into her relationship with her elder sister Britney Spears.

Speaking with TV host Fred Sirieix, on the UK reality show ‘I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here’, the 32-year-old actor candidly spoke about her experience of growing up alongside the renowned pop star.

In response to Sirieix's question about her recollection of Britney's iconic kiss with Madonna at the 2003 MTV VMAs, Jamie Lynn revealed her perspective on the event and elaborated on how it came to fruition.

"They just did it. I was at home watching like, ‘Oh OK, this will be fun tomorrow at school, can’t wait,'" she revealed.

She then spoke about looking up to her sister from a young age.

"Anything my sister did I always thought was the best," she said in the interview. "When it came to my sister, even if I felt anything, if anyone said anything I was ready to go. I was like, ‘Don’t talk about my sister, she’s the best.’ "

Looking back at the 2003 VMA legendary moment, she said, "And so literally I just thought — and, by the way, in today’s world it would mean nothing — but it was this iconic moment that they went with, and it happened, and it’s what they did."

Recalling her mother Lynne's reaction at the time, Jamie Lynn said, "My mum was like, ‘It’s artistic, she’s expressing herself'."

What else did Jamie Lynn Spears reveal on the reality show?

Fred Sirieix inquisitively asked Jamie Lynn on the show, “Who became famous first?"

The ‘Sweet Magnolias’ star replied, "My sister, she’s 10 years older. She was famous since I was about 6 or 7.”

Fellow contestant Frank Dettori interjected, and asked, "Is it true you don’t get on with (Britney) now?"

To which Jamie responded, "I love my sister."

For Season 23 of the UK-based reality show, Jamie, the mother of two, journeyed to the Australian outback to compete for the ‘Queen of the Jungle’ title with controversial former British politician Nigel Farage.

Before she set sail for Down Under, Jamie Lynn said the show was “a nice chance to show who I really am.”

She noted, “There is literally every misconception you can have on a person about me so I don’t take any of it seriously.”

Jamie Lynn has had a lot of controversy in her life, and one of the biggest sources of conflict has been her relationship with her older sister, Britney Spears.

Despite their nearly ten-year age gap, Britney and Jamie Lynn were once quite close, growing up together in their hometown of Kentwood, Louisiana.

They supported each other throughout their lives and careers, collaborating on projects like Britney's debut film ‘Crossroads’ and ‘Zoey 101’.

However, as Britney's 13-year conservatorship came to an end, their relationship became strained.

They publicly fought over the release of Jamie Lynn's memoir, ‘Things I Should Have Said: Family, Fame, and Figuring it Out', in January 2022.

Two months after Britney's conservatorship ended, Jamie Lynn told PEOPLE, "I love and I support my sister, and I always will. It's very clear that this has been a painful process, and I have to respect however she works through that,”

She added, “This is a complicated situation. It gets to a certain point where you can't help someone who doesn't want you to.”

Meanwhile, Britney recently opened up about their difficult relationship in her explosive memoir, ‘The Woman In Me', released in October, saying, “(Jamie Lynn) knew I was reaching out to her for help and that she was dogging me. I felt like she should have taken my side,” Britney shared about being placed in a mental health facility in 2018.”

The ‘Princess of Pop’ also believes Jamie Lynn benefited from her state of depression, adding, “As I was fighting the conservatorship and receiving a lot of press attention, she was writing a book capitalizing on it. She rushed out salacious stories about me, many of them hurtful and outrageous,”

However, on the other hand, the 41-year-old singer expressed hope that her relationship with Jamie Lynn can be saved.

“She will always be my sister, and I love her and her beautiful family. I’m working to feel more compassion than anger toward her, and everyone who I feel has wronged me,” Britney shared in her memoir.

Internet calls out Jamie Lynn’s antics after she calls Britney Spears ‘the best’

People on X (formerly Twitter) were not impressed with Jamie Lynn’s statements pointing out that she didn’t help her older sister while she was under the traumatic conservatorship.

One X user said, “We don’t believe her.”

Another user wrote, "Jamie Lynn only contributed to Brittney’s struggle. We don’t like her."

Another X user asked, "Oh, hey there Jame! So adore that sisterly love! But umm, just saying, if you really got Britney's back, why not say a word or two about the conservatorship afterwards, right? No tea, no shade, just curiosity!"

One user tweeted, "Too bad she didn’t hesitate to take everything from britney though…"

Another user said, "I don't think I believe her."

Another X user wrote, "Umh- not the same case for her sister though."

One user asked, "Why was she trying to steal from Britneys trust then? Not a very ‘I love my sister’ thing to do."

A user also claimed, "She was vacationing in a home that Britney paid for while she was locked away in a facility....."

Tags news