Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

How did Bob Barker die? Legendary host who rose to fame through 'Price is Right' show was 99

2023-08-27 02:28
Bob Barker's representative confirmed that he died of natural causes at his home in Los Angeles
How did Bob Barker die? Legendary host who rose to fame through 'Price is Right' show was 99

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Bob Barker, the longtime host of 'Price is Right,' has died at the age of 99.

Barker's representative confirmed to TMZ that he died of natural causes. The legendary host died on Saturday, August 26 at his home in Los Angeles, California.

How long has Bob Barker been on the 'Price is Right'?

The television game show 'Price is Right' was created by Mark Goodson, Bill Todman, and Bob Stewart which was premiered on CBS in 1972.

Participants of the show guessed the prices of merchandise to compete and win prizes and cash.

He served as the show's longtime host from its beginning until his retirement in June 2007. Drew Carey took over after Barker spent nearly 35 years on the daytime show.

Carey spoke of Barker at the time saying, "I knew I could never be Bob, and I wasn’t going to try to be Bob."

"We went out to lunch, and his advice was 'Don’t try to copy me. Just make it your own show'," he added.

From 1956 to 1975, and in 1972, Barker also hosted the game show 'Truth or Consequences'.

Bob Barker's famous sign-off

Talking to People in 2007 following his retirement, Barker said, "I’m often asked what I loved most about my years with ‘Price,’ and the first thing that pops to mind is … the money, of course."

"All kidding aside, there was much to love. I had the pleasure of working with a dedicated and talented cast and crew for 35 great years,” Barker continued.

He further talked about his famous sign-off at the end of every episode saying, "Particularly close to my heart was the ability our vast popularity gave me to remind our entire audience daily about the importance of spaying and neutering your pets."

'Price is Right' won him several awards including four Emmy awards for 'Outstanding Game Show' for the 'Price is Right' as the show's executive producer and 14 Emmy awards for 'Outstanding Game Show Host'.

In 1976, the host received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and in 1995, he was awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award at the Daytime Emmys.

In 2004, Barker who was also an outspoken animal rights activist was inducted into the Television Hall of Fame and four years later, he was inducted into the National Association of Broadcasters Hall of Fame.

Who was Bob Barker's wife?

Barker who was born in Darrington, Washington, in December 1923, spent a major part of his childhood on the Rosebud Indian Reservation in Mission, South Dakota.

He married his longtime girlfriend Dorothy Jo Gideon in 1954 who died in 1981. The high school sweethearts never had any children.

Barker then dated Nancy Burnet who was his companion for over 40 years.