Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Paul Walker's brother Cody breaks down while speaking about actor's death 10 years ago, says 'miss him everyday'

2023-09-09 17:49
Paul Walker's brother Cody spoke about the profound influence his brother had on him since childhood
Paul Walker's brother Cody breaks down while speaking about actor's death 10 years ago, says 'miss him everyday'

SANTA CLARITA, CALIFORNIA: Late actor Paul Walker's brother, Cody, burst into tears as he opened up about his profound grief over his sibling's death.

This emotional moment took place just days before what would have been Walker's 50th birthday on September 12.

When did Paul Walker die during filming?

Walker died on November 30, 2013 at the age of 40 when the car he was traveling in collided with a concrete lamppost, resulting in a fiery accident in California.

In an exclusive interview with Daily Mail, Cody, the founder of FuelFest, candidly shared the sorrow he felt over the loss of his elder brother.

Cody stated, "Miss him everyday. Hard to believe actually. Ten years. Wow."

As Cody started crying, Walker's 'Fast & Furious' co-star Tyrese Gibson, who was present during the interview, comforted him.

Gibson will serve as a co-host for the upcoming inaugural FuelFest taking place on Saturday, September 9.

Cody shared, "Coming on ten years now, usually like members of the family will, like take pictures of the sunrise or the sunset on his birthday."

He also reflected on the significant role that Walker had played in his life, especially during their childhood following their parents' separation.

Cody said, "He has played such a big role in my life. He's 15 years older than I was. Same parents. I was the accident – the best one..."

Cody recalled their childhood stating, "My parents separated when I was in middle school, so just a huge influence on my life. You know, I got to travel a lot with him, he'd take me away."

"My mom, would say, 'He's got to come back for school,' and he would just say, 'Oh, he's learning everything he needs to learn with me,'" Cody fondly recalled.

He further said, "He meant a lot of a lot of things to a lot of people. And we miss him a lot."

What happened to the daughter of Paul Walker?

Since Walker's death, his daughter, Meadow, who is now 24 years old, has forged a thriving career as a successful model, as per People.

In addition to her modeling endeavors, she has devoted herself to upholding her father's legacy through charitable initiatives.

Meadow has maintained strong bonds with her father's co-stars from the ‘Fast & Furious’ franchise and has even become a part of the beloved film series herself.

Speaking of his niece, Cody said, "She's doing her own thing. She's pursuing that career. She's finding her success. Very proud of her right now."

Where is Meadow Walker in 'Fast X'?

According to Business Insider, Meadow made a bried cameo in ‘Fast X’. In the movie, she appears later on as a flight attendant, handing Jakob Toretto (portrayed by John Cena) a few miniature bottles of alcohol.

Meadow, who was 14 when Walker died, reportedly has become estranged from the Walker family, with claims in 2019 suggesting that she had distanced herself from them.

Despite this, she has continued to carve out her own path as a successful model, actress and the CEO of the Paul Walker Foundation.

In October 2021, she tied the knot with Louis Thornton-Allan. She has previously expressed that her father would have been "amazed" by her role in ‘Fast X’.