Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Jennifer Aniston, 54, known for her dedication to fitness reveals 'you look great for your age' compliment drives her bananas

2023-06-10 03:54
Jennifer Aniston believes that the backhanded compliment undermines her achievements and reduces her worth to her age
Jennifer Aniston, 54, known for her dedication to fitness reveals 'you look great for your age' compliment drives her bananas

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Jennifer Aniston, the beloved 'Friends' star, has made her preferences clear when it comes to compliments. The phrase "you look good for your age" is one that she despises. Aniston, who is 54 years old and known for her dedication to fitness and healthy eating, believes that this backhanded compliment undermines her achievements and reduces her worth to her age.

She advocates for a more genuine and inclusive compliment, suggesting "You look great – period." In an interview with British Vogue, Aniston expressed her frustration with society's tendency to use age as a marker for appearance and expectations.

'You look good for your age' drives me bananas'

She firmly stated, "'You look good for your age' drives me bananas. I can't stand it. That's a habit of society that we have these markers like, 'Well you're at that stage, so for your age…' I don't even understand what it means."

Aniston firmly believes that she is in better shape now than she was in her twenties. She declared, "I'm in better shape than I was in my twenties. I feel better in my mind, body, and spirit. It's all 100 percent better." She rejects the notion that age should define one's appearance or capabilities.

'My physical therapist gave me a Barbie doll that's covered in Kinesio tape'

She admitted to Instyle for pushing herself too hard in the past, engaging in hard practice for long hours, breaking her body. "My physical therapist gave me a Barbie doll that's covered in Kinesio tape. It's a silly mental image until you realize the purpose of all that tape is 'to show every injury I've had in the last 15 years.'"

'It's too easy for me to do things less correctly than I should'

To maintain her well-being, Aniston emphasizes on the importance of variety in her workout routine. She enjoys working out with friends and finding guidance and accountability in their company. Aniston stated, "I much prefer working out with friends... It's too easy for me to do things less correctly than I should." She believes that having a support system and being guided through workouts helps her maintain proper form and avoid common mistakes.

'I do intermittent fasting'

Beyond physical fitness, Aniston prioritizes her mental health. She starts her day with warm lemon water and incorporates protein-rich foods like eggs and oatmeal into her diet. Aniston also practices intermittent fasting, stating, "I do intermittent fasting, so no food in the morning. I noticed a big difference in going without solid food for 16 hours," she told Radio Times.

'Meditation plays a significant role in Aniston's daily routine'

Meditation plays a significant role in Aniston's daily routine, providing her with a moment of tranquility and gratitude. She shared, "It's my favorite moment... I wish we could freeze time in that magic hour because there's a lot of taking it all in, the appreciation of the day." Aniston's journey towards self-care and her pursuit of a healthy lifestyle continues to inspire many.

Tags news