Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Take all the time you need': Fans back Celine Dion as she cancels Courage tour amid stiff person syndrome diagnosis

2023-05-27 02:19
Sharing a list of scrapped dates for the 'Courage' tour, Celine Dion said that she had been experiencing muscle spasms since 2021
'Take all the time you need': Fans back Celine Dion as she cancels Courage tour amid stiff person syndrome diagnosis

QUEBEC, CANADA: With "tremendous disappointment", Celine Dion on Friday, May 26, announced she is canceling her much-awaited Courage world tour due to health issues. In December 2022, the singer was diagnosed with stiff person syndrome and now suffers from severe spasms that prevent her from performing.

Sharing the list of 42 European tour dates canceled, the Grammy winner announced the same in a post shared on her Instagram account. "I’m so sorry to disappoint all of you once again. I’m working really hard to build back my strength, but touring can be very difficult even when you’re 100%," she captioned her post. "It’s not fair to you to keep postponing the shows and even though it breaks my heart, it’s best that we cancel everything now until I’m really ready to be back on stage again," Dion wrote and said that she "can’t wait to see" her fans again.

READ MORE

Celine Dion celebrates 55th birthday amid health struggles and battle with stiff person syndrome

Internet believes THIS video is why Rolling Stone snubbed Celine Dion in its list of 'greatest singers'

Dion opens up about rare neurological disorder

Stiff person syndrome is a "rare, progressive neurological disorder," according to the National Institutes of Health. The condition causes stiff muscles in the arms, torso, and legs. In an emotional video previously shared on Instagram, the 'I'm Alive' singer revealed that she had been "dealing with problems with [her] health for a long time."

"Recently I have been diagnosed with a very rare neurological syndrome, which affects something like one in a million people," Dion wrote at the time and explained that she had been experiencing muscle spasms since 2021.

The Courage tour which began in September 2019 was the singer's first tour in over a decade. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the tour was put on pause at the time.

'Take all the time you need'

After Dion broke out the news of her canceling the tour, fans from across the world rallied to show their support for the singer. "Dear Céline, you aren't disappointing us I am very happy that now you can focus on your health without this pressure. I am extremely sad that you are going through all of this and wish you all the health in the world. Hopefully, we will see you again, when you are ready," a fan wrote on Twitter. "We totally get it! It is the right choice. Take all the time you need. You don’t owe us anything! You have given your everything, your entire life. Glad to hear you are not giving up though - we won’t give up on you either! Take care! Love you much," another fan tweeted.

One user wrote, "You are a human being like all of us. We want you healthy and happy. Your health is extremely important. Please take as much time as you need and we will see you when you are all better. We love you very much and wish you a speedy recovery! Hugs," while someone remarked, "Your true fans understand the pain and sadness that you are going through. Take good care of yourself & perhaps one day you’ll be strong enough to perform live. It’s my desire to see you perform live in concert one day as I was fortunate to see Tina Turner perform live on stage." Concerned about the singer's health, a fan wrote, "It's so sad That your health hasn't approved enough yet. To be back, on stage, in Oslo Spectrum. NB! Me and my daughter. We are hoping, to see you on stage, in 2024. Get well soon! Love from, two of your fans, in Oslo Norway."

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.