Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

What is Pokimane's role at EVO? Unveiling Twitch queen's contribution to the evolution of fighting game tournament

2023-08-09 18:52
Imane 'Pokimane' has caused a buzz among her fans by teaming up with Evolution Championship Series (EVO) 2023
What is Pokimane's role at EVO? Unveiling Twitch queen's contribution to the evolution of fighting game tournament

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: A wave of excitement has rippled through the fanbase of Imane "Pokimane" due to her recent association with the Evolution Championship Series (EVO) 2023. This collaboration has sparked fervent discussions and heightened anticipation among her followers.

For those who may not be familiar with the event, EVO constitutes an annual esports spectacle that revolves around competitive gaming in the realm of fighting games. Some of the featured titles include the likes of Street Fighter 6, Mortal Kombat 1, and Tekken 8, among others.

The fusion of Pokimane's charismatic influence and EVO's renowned competition has undoubtedly struck a chord, igniting a buzz that reverberates throughout the gaming community.

Does Pokimane own EVO?

As we delve into the behind-the-scenes of EVO, we discover the key role played by Tom Cannon, who is one of the co-founders shaping this famous tournament. But here's where it gets interesting: Pokimane is also a significant part of this story.

She's not just a gamer but also a co-founder of RTS, a company that handles things like managing talent and helping brands. RTS and EVO work together closely to manage and run the show. And there's more to Pokimane's involvement – she's not just a part of this partnership, she's also a co-founder and the Chief Creative Officer (CCO) of EVO itself.

Pokimane's impact goes beyond the surface. She's deeply connected to how EVO works. Her skills in managing talent and coming up with creative ideas blend perfectly with the fast-paced world of gaming.

The combination of her expertise and the excitement of EVO promises something really special. The blend of gaming skills, smart planning, and creative teamwork creates a clear image of how Pokimane is making her mark in the world of esports.

She does more than what meets the eye – her role is closely connected to how EVO works behind the scenes. This connection shows how well her talent management and creative ideas fit together with the exciting world of competitive gaming.

As we get closer to EVO 2023, the excitement about this partnership keeps growing. It hints at an event that brings gaming and entertainment together like never before, and we can't wait to see how it unfolds.

Community Response to Pokimane's RTS:

EVO 2023 has achieved incredible success, even beyond what the Cannon brothers imagined. This year's tournament brought in a staggering number of participants – over 20,000 people joined in. This massive turnout makes EVO 2023 stand out as the biggest and most important event in EVO's history.

A special moment took place on Day 3 of the tournament. The Mayor of Las Vegas personally gave the EVO founders the key to the city, a symbol of recognition for their efforts. Not only that but August 6 was officially declared National EVO Day.

This is a special honor that adds to the event's significance and acknowledges the hard work put in by its creators. Amid the crowd of attendees, one figure that notably stood out was Tim "EsfandTV," a well-known and beloved streamer hailing from Texas.

Notably, he also holds the title of co-owner of OTK. In his reflections, he voiced a deep sense of admiration, especially directed toward RTS, which is owned by Pokimane. He praised their remarkable organizational skills, highlighting the outstanding way they managed and executed the event.

He said, "There's like a chain reaction of events and Poki owns EVO now. It's kinda funny. But man, I'll tell you like, what RTS has done with EVO, and I mean this, cause I don't know, I haven't been here (before), but from talking to people and EVO's obviously been amazing for years, huge for the fighting community. But, from what I have heard from other people, in the last few years, RTS basically taking over EVO, they've taken this thing to the next level."

He also added: "This is the best. The tournament is the tournament. You saw the tournament today. You didn't see some of the other stuff from other days that you saw today. The gaming convention, the part of EVO, the expo hall, is probably the best gaming convention that I've been to in three or four years."

Tags news