Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Fox & Friends' host Carley Shimkus teases launch of her cookbook inspired by Fox News colleagues

2023-10-09 12:50
'Cooking with Friends' includes recipes from the food segment of 'Fox & Friends' over the years
'Fox & Friends' host Carley Shimkus teases launch of her cookbook inspired by Fox News colleagues

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: After Steve Doocy, another reporter from Fox News' morning show, 'Fox & Friends', is set to release their cookbook.

This time it is Carley Shimkus, who has worked on a cookbook inspired by her colleagues at Fox News and has included a section with "extra special recipes of [her] very own."

Shimkus' cookbook is called 'Cooking with Friends' and she has already teased its contents multiple times during the past few months. The book is now just hours away from its highly-anticipated release.

What is 'Cooking with Friends' about?

As a morning show, 'Fox & Friends' has always indulged in a special cooking segment which inspired the title of the book 'Cooking with Friends'. In the segment, any one of the hosts or a guest on the show indulges in cooking their favorite home-cooked meals.

Shimkus recently revealed that she was approached by Fox Books to work on this project.

"This book is kind of a full-circle moment for me," Shimkus shared with Fox News, "because when Fox Books came to me and said 'Hey, we have an idea for a book. Would you be interested in helping with it? Helping collect recipes, adding some of your own,' I was like 'I can't believe that you're coming to me and asking me this.'"

She added, "When I was in high school I would watch 'Fox & Friends' in the morning when I was eating breakfast myself, and my favorite segments were always the food segment, 'Cooking with Friends'."

The cookbook contains recipes from this segment from over the years but along with that, Shimkus has added some of her own recipes which she has come to discover with her newfound love for cooking.

Carley Shimkus was influenced by co-host Steve Doocy's cookbook

Shimkus is not the first one out of the morning show crew to work on a cookbook. Before this, foodie and 'Fox & Friends' veteran host Steve Doocy also released his own 'Happy Cookbook' series. He is also featured right next to her on the cover of the cookbook alongside her other Fox friends.

"I loved [Steve Doocy's cookbook]. It's stained and I have used it so much in the kitchen," she said, "So, he's been a big cooking influence on me as well."

Shimkus shared that her love for cooking only bloomed during the pandemic like so many others and it further found a permanent place in her life when she recently became a mother.

"Now, I'm a new mom. So, when you have a baby, you are not going to restaurants as much anymore...The most fun thing that I do on the weekends now is cook," the Fox News host said.

'Cooking with Friends' is set to release on October 10, 2023.

Tags news