Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Loved this guy': Matthew Perry’s final texts with co-star Ione Skye reveal he was into meditation

2023-10-31 00:48
Matthew Perry’s last text exchange with his former co-star Ione Skye revealed late actor was into meditation
'Loved this guy': Matthew Perry’s final texts with co-star Ione Skye reveal he was into meditation

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Matthew Perry’s last text exchange with his former co-star Ione Skye revealed that the late actor was into meditation.

He also had fond memories of working with Skye, who starred with Perry in the 1988 film 'A Night in the Life of Jimmy Reardon', which was Perry's debut film.

Matthew Perry had fond memories of working with her Ione Skye

Ione Skye shared screenshots of their conversation on Instagram, along with a throwback photo of them.

She wrote in the caption, “My last exchange a week ago. I’m very very sad. Loved this guy.”

In the texts sent to Skye on October 15, Perry told Skye that he was meditating when the song 'In Your Eyes' began to play, referencing the song from her 1989 film 'Say Anything' started playing.

'I meditate now': Matthew Perry revealed in latest text with former costar

The beloved 'Friends' star who played Chandler Bing in the 90's sitcom wrote to Skye, "Hi! I hope all is well. I was meditating (I meditate now) and ‘In Your Eyes’ started playing."

He also complimented her beauty and said he hoped she was healthy and happy. "...I instantly thought of how beautiful you are,” Perry further wrote.

Skye replied, “Awe. I love that. Xo." She replied to Perry saying she thought she was both happy and healthy that she only had "nice memories" with him and that "it was good to hear from you."

Perry said, “Me too. That one afternoon, I was just sitting in my apartment, and there you were!”

Matthew Perry struggled with a 'terrible big thing'

Perry died from an apparent drowning at his home in Los Angeles on October 28, according to multiple reports.

He revealed in his memoir that he struggled with drug addiction and alcohol addiction which as per interviews was a 'terrible big thing' mentioned in the title of his memoir 'Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing'

Although he never drank on set, he would often return from terrible hangovers. In the memoir had revealed to have attended 6,000 Alcoholics Anonymous meetings, gone to rehab 15 times, and been in detox 65 times.

His cause of death is still under investigation pending a toxicology report which reportedly may take months to determine.

Tags news