Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Jake Paul debunks accusations of drug use as he reveals VADA test result

2023-07-23 17:51
Despite constant allegations of taking performance enhancing drugs during his brief boxing career, Paul has always denied such behavior
Jake Paul debunks accusations of drug use as he reveals VADA test result

CLEVELAND, OHIO: Just before his battle with Nate Diaz, Jake Paul has presented evidence that he is not using performance-enhancing drugs. On August 5, 2023 Paul and Diaz will square off in Dallas as the YouTuber attempts to avenge his loss to Tommy Fury earlier this year. Diaz left the UFC after his contract expired last year, and he will now make his professional boxing debut.

Despite constant allegations of taking drugs during his brief boxing career, Paul has always maintained that he was not guilty. In preparation for their fight, he and Diaz have both signed up for VADA testing by the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association which promotes drug-free practices and programs in boxing and MMA. Paul has now shared a letter from the group on social media.

Paul tested negative

According to tweet made by Paul in which he posted a letter from VADA, he was tested on July 6 his test result was negative. Paul and Diaz will undergo testing up until their fight and again after it, before the results are finalised. Paul claims that despite having a contract for a rematch with Fury, he was also planning to fight Diaz.

"Nate Diaz was always the plan after Tommy," Paul said as per The Mirror. "That was what I said. Even in the build-up to Tommy, I was like it's Nate Diaz after Tommy Fury. So that was always the plan, This is a big fight. This is a fight that I've wanted for a long time. Nate got out of his UFC contract and this is probably the biggest fight of the year, only topping me versus Tommy."

'I want to make big events'

Paul continued to say,"I want to make big events, big fights happen and strike while the iron's hot. He was a free agent. Let's run it. Make it happen. Settle the shit talk. I'm ready for war. I'm excited to be here. Thank you for having me out, Dallas. I love y'all and I'm going to do what Conor McGregor couldn't do, and I'm going to knock this man out.”

Diaz has also appreciated Paul for making his way in the world of boxing, saying, "Post UFC, my plan was always to fight the biggest names and the best fighters there are.” He continued to say, “I've been trying to get out of the UFC for a long time because I knew I knew that I would work. What fighters worked and what I should do.” He then praised Jake as he said, “I have a long road but he was doing the biggest and the best things for fighting and in fighting and I was glad. I had a worthy opponent to make an attack on, as soon as I got out.”