Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Dierks Bentley reveals why his wife Cassidy thinks he is a 'better parent when you're drinking'

2023-11-17 02:16
'I'd been dabbling in taking breaks, but I liked the idea of being able to say you've done a year of sobriety,' said Dierks Bentley
Dierks Bentley reveals why his wife Cassidy thinks he is a 'better parent when you're drinking'

NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE: Dierks Bentley stopped drinking alcohol for two years and the country singer is now reflecting on his lifestyle.

However, his wife Cassidy jokingly says, "I think you’re a better parent when you’re drinking! You don’t micromanage everything!'"

Why did Dierks Bentley stop drinking?

The 'Beers on Me' singer revealed why he decided to stop drinking. "A big part of it was just trying to see if I could. I’d been dabbling in taking breaks, but I liked the idea of being able to say you've done a year of sobriety. Not 30 days, not 90 days, a frigging year. That’s hard," he said.

"My dad quit drinking when he was in his 60s, for what I thought was one year. I remember him saying, ‘It was the best year of my life,'" Bentley said of his father who died in 2012.

"Part of it was to kind of have this experience with my dad. He did this thing, so of course I wanted to try this thing," he continued.

The father-of-three further said, "To me, it was about, how do I be the best person I can be for everybody? How can I be the best person for these fans and give them a kick-ass show, and also go back home and take a kid to school?."

"It was one long party — passing out night after night, But I stopped all that a long time ago," he further said.

"You have kids, and it's exhausting, and you get older, and hangovers hurt a little bit more than they did before," said Bentley who shares Evie, 15, Jordan, 12, and Knox, 10 with wife Cassidy.

Dierks Bentley says he likes to 'do hard things'

The artist, who also chose to not eat meat for one-and-a-half year, spent another year eating meat only from animals he hunted, reports People.

"I like to do hard things," said the 47-year-old who uses a flip phone after he ditched his iPhone. From 100-mile mountain bike rides to ice baths, Bentley has reevaluated his routines.

The singer who has now gone back to drinking alcohol has a new partnership with WithCo, a mocktail/cocktail mixer company whose products helped him go alcohol-free after his wife brought home WithCo cocktails.

"If you're not drinking, I lose the desire to socialize. I don't want to go to a bar where it's loud if I don't have a drink in my hand," said Bentley.

"So this made hosting the backstage bar fun. It made the shows fun," he said of the mixer that can be taken with or without alcohol.

Tags news