Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Are Taylor Rue and Jared Pierce still together? 'Love is Blind' Season 5 couple call off engagement over 'fake' makeup

2023-09-29 18:53
Jared Pierce claimed that his and Taylor Rue's relationship was 'awkward' because of her 'fake' appearance
Are Taylor Rue and Jared Pierce still together? 'Love is Blind' Season 5 couple call off engagement over 'fake' makeup

HOUSTON, TEXAS: 'Love Is Blind' Season 5 is already full of drama, with one couple breaking up immediately after getting engaged in the pods.

Taylor Rue and Jared 'JP' Pierce hit it off right away and bonded over Taylor's classes, where JP went to kindergarten. So what happened after the release of the last episodes?

Taylor and JP exhibited little individuality while in the pods. The 26-year-old kindergarten teacher and 32-year-old firefighter were ready to marry, but neither knew much about the other.

JP definitely had a liking for the American flag, which he displayed by wearing garments with the design on a frequent basis.

Taylor's sensitivity was evident in her admission that she used to have strong insecurities but has overcome them.

Since they did not seem to have long conversations, it was unclear how much they had in common.

Unfortunately, when Taylor and JP first met, it was obvious that something was wrong between them.

After their brief kiss, they had an uneasy conversation. Taylor, who was clearly the more talkative of the two, tried to include JP, but he kept his dialog restrained and brief.

This awkward back and forth only got worse on the trip to Mexico when Taylor saw that the connection they had in the pods had all but disappeared.

JP explained that he didn't like the amount of makeup she was wearing and called it "fake" Taylor, shocked and depressed, decided to break off the engagement.

Taylor Rue left 'heartbroken' over split from Jared Pierce

Taylor is still processing the terrible words made by her now-ex-fiance, JP, during Season 5 of 'Love Is Blind'.

"It was hard. I felt broken down. I felt heartbroken," the blonde beauty tells Page Six exclusively in a recent interview.

"I did not know what to do. I didn’t know how to handle it," she added.

"It was super off-putting because I wasn't expecting that at all," Taylor told Page Six of her encounter with JP.

"Like, we went on this show to fall in love, based on our emotional connection, and we had made that strong, emotional connection," she said.

“For it to be, like, totally thrown out the window in Mexico due to my makeup, I was at a loss for words. I was like, ‘I don’t understand what’s going on,’” she lamented.

Where is 'Love is Blind' Star Taylor Rue now?

According to Taylor, not much has changed since that painful talk.

"So right after Mexico, he reached out to me, and I just wasn’t ready to talk to him. I needed to, like, heal myself and be alone," she said.

"Then a couple of months back, I had reached out to him and we texted for a bit. The conversation was good, but our timing just didn’t work out, so we never actually met up," said Taylor.

Taylor revealed to E! Online that it was difficult to return to normal life after the experiment and her engagement ended.

"It took me some time to get back to myself," she stated.

"I needed to heal from what I went through with JP. But after I got past all that, I feel stronger, and I love myself more. I learned to date with more intent, and so I learned a lot of things," says Taylor.

Episodes 1–7 of 'Love Is Blind' Season 5 are streaming now on Netflix, with new episodes dropping October 6.