Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Joe Rogan suggests new sport to UFC manager Dana White, offers to be its commentator: 'Let's go'

2023-09-30 18:16
Joe Rogan said that he is open to commentate on a potential UFC Muay Thai event
Joe Rogan suggests new sport to UFC manager Dana White, offers to be its commentator: 'Let's go'

AUSTIN, TEXAS: After proposing to Dana White a new sport that may be hosted under the UFC banner, Joe Rogan is eager to enter the commentary booth once more.

The founder of the Eddie Bravo Invitational (EBI), a competition for no-gi submission-only combat, and a multiple award-winning coach of Brazilian jiu-jitsu, Eddie Bravo, was a guest on a recent edition of Joe Rogan's MMA Show. The show is accessible through the UFC's Fight Pass subscription.

Joe Rogan wants to be commentator for new sport

During the show, Rogan expressed his willingness to provide commentary on the possibility of the UFC organizing a pay-per-view event exclusively featuring Muay Thai.

The 56-year-old also suggested that Michael Schiavello, a commentator for ONE Championship, be recruited to provide coverage for the hypothetical event.

According to Sportskeeda, Rogan said, "The UFC should hire Michael Shiavello and do a f***ing Muay Thai card. Dana, I'll commentate. You heard me. I'll f***ing commentate it. Let's go."

Schiavello responded to Joe Rogan's request on X (formerly Twitter), expressing his interest in collaborating with Rogan and the UFC.

He tweeted, “.@joerogan has an idea for @ufc to do a Muay Thai show in 4oz gloves and he tells @danawhite here that he will commentate it! @Mickmaynard2 LET’S DO IT! The awesome machine of the world’s #1 martial arts organisation UFC behind the most spectacular striking sport!”

Joe Rogan is sure Conor McGregor will make UFC return

According to Joe Rogan, there remains a possibility that Conor McGregor might return to the UFC octagon. Following a notable leg injury during his trilogy match against Dustin Poirier, McGregor has been sidelined since 2021.

Although no match has been finalized, speculation about Conor McGregor's return in recent months following a run on Season 31 of The Ultimate Fighter versus Michael Chandler has been rampant.

The Irishman's comeback is still unclear, but the UFC color commentator is still optimistic that fans will soon get to see him succeed in the ring.

The JRE presenter asserts that Conor McGregor is the only fighter who can successfully make a comeback after suffering such a severe injury.

Rogan said, “If he does, he would be the first, if anybody can do it, maybe it’s him. He snapped his leg in the prime of his career...It’s been about two years and there’s all this talk of him fighting Michael Chandler from The Ultimate Fighter."

Rogan added, "He’s sparring, I’ve seen footage of sparring. He looks good, he looks real good… He’s a different breed, he’s a f*cking savage, a real savage. I hope he comes back.”

Tags news