Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Hoffman Family Gold' Season 2: How much gold did the Hoffman family mine? Crew returns to Alaska seeking to unearth life-changing fortune

2023-06-17 08:26
In Season 2, the Hoffman family will try to mine at least 1,000 ounces of gold from the Mammoth Valley mine to pay off their $750,000 debt
'Hoffman Family Gold' Season 2: How much gold did the Hoffman family mine? Crew returns to Alaska seeking to unearth life-changing fortune

MAMMOTH VALLEY MINE, ALASKA: The Hoffman family returns to your screens with thrilling adventures of gold hunting in the harsh weather of Alaska in the 'Hoffman Family Gold' Season 2. 'Gold Rush' star Todd Hoffman's main attempt this season would be to mine as much gold as possible so that he's able to clear his $750,000 debt.

Viewers have experienced fierce weather conditions, broken equipment, and an inexperienced crew in the previous season. However, this season, Todd returns to Alaska's Mammoth Valley Mine with his son Hunter, his father Jack, and a handpicked crew to give his best efforts. Moreover, Todd's investment in a fleet of new equipment, unfortunately, left him in debt. It's safe to say that most viewers will be hooked on the show from the very first episode due to the new gold mining equipment and Hunter's relationship with his father, which is said to be a bit tumultuous as he wanted a break from his family's mining business.

How much gold did the Hoffman family mine so far?

Hoffmans have been in the mining business for a long time. Notably, Jack and Todd have appeared on another Discovery mining show, 'Gold Rush', in which they participated till Season 8. By season's end, the Hoffmans had mined around 1,644 ounces in Colorado, worth just under $2 million. However, the Hoffman family then moved to their own spin-off mining show, 'Hoffman Family Gold', to search for the coveted metal.

Todd, Hunter, and Jack faced challenging obstacles and family friction during the first season, which are likely to grow in Season 2. Their interactions forced them to search for more gold, urging them not to abandon their dream. Todd took the risk and emptied his life savings into a distressed mine located nearly 100 miles north of Nome, Alaska, owned by an old mining partner, for the first season. Although the crew mined millions of dollars worth of gold, most of it went into paying their bills.

Hoffman family plans to unearth 1,000 ounces of gold

The Hoffman family faced major difficulties during Season 1 of the Discovery show. However, the stakes are high this season as the Hoffman crew has to overcome all the hurdles and pay back the debt. During the 'Hoffman Family Gold' Season 2 trailer, Todd noted that he and his team have invested in a lot of equipment, saying, "If we can’t do it this year, there’s no excuse." Hoffman and his crew will search for the gold in Alaska’s Mammoth Valley mine, hoping to find 1,000 ounces of gold, which they can use to pay off their $750,000 of debt. However, it won't be easy, as the father-son drama will surely be more intense than ever. Brush fires, floods, wild animals, and an early Alaska winter, are going to be some of the challenges the Hoffman family will face this season, as per the show's trailer.

'Hoffman Family Gold' Season 2 premieres at 9 pm Friday, June 16, on the Discovery Channel, or you can stream the episodes on Discovery+.