Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'We stan so hard': Fans emotional as Maiwenn Le Besco holds Johnny Depp's hand and guides him at Cannes 2023

2023-05-17 14:25
Despite facing online backlash, Johnny Depp received support from Maiwenn Le Besco, who stood by his side as they walked the red carpet hand-in-hand
'We stan so hard': Fans emotional as Maiwenn Le Besco holds Johnny Depp's hand and guides him at Cannes 2023

CANNES, FRANCE: Johnny Depp, who has been absent from the film industry since June 2022 following his high-profile defamation lawsuit against former partner Amber Heard, has made his much-anticipated return to the silver screen. However, his latest project, the biopic 'Jeanne du Barry' directed by Maiwenn Le Besco, has already sparked controversy at the Cannes Film Festival.

The film explores the life of the mistress of King Louis XV of France in the 18th century and is being screened out of competition. The presence of Depp in the film has reignited the ongoing controversy surrounding him and Heard. Rumors within the industry suggest that significant dysfunction occurred on the set of 'Jeanne du Barry', with reports indicating that Depp's role in the film was considerably reduced. However, initial reactions from the festival appear to contradict these rumors, adding to the ongoing speculation surrounding the production.

READ MORE

Amber Heard supporters go ballistic as Johnny Depp gets standing ovation at Cannes Festival opening night

Uma Thurman and her son Levon steal the show with their striking resemblance at Cannes Film Festival

'This is how a woman supports a man'

Depp was welcomed by ecstatic fans and had to pause to sign autographs before stepping onto the red carpet. Despite facing online backlash and accusations of "celebrating abusers for 76 years," Depp received support from his director, Le Besco, who publicly stood by his side as they walked the red carpet hand-in-hand. Their display of solidarity left fans "emotional" and stirred commotion online.

A fan wrote on Twitter, "I want to show you what almost got me emotional.. THIS: its like she never let him go. Protecting him." They continued in a follow-up tweet, "Why am I lying. It DID, get me emotional. Knot in my throat. This is how a woman supports a man. He seemed a little nervous, and she guided him. NO ONE can say that these two 'fought' with each other or don't respect each other. There is genuine love there."

'The truth was on his side and so was she'

One fan commented, "She knows he’s nervous and giving him that positive reassurance that he’s not alone is amazing," while another wrote, "Holding it gently, supporting him. We Stan so hard." A third wrote, "That's how to hold a man's hand, not with nails dug in as a reminder of who is in charge. When she grabbed his hand to walk down the theatre steps I took a sharp intake of breath. It was like 'I got you, we've got this'. Blown away." "I really appreciated seeing her do that. Johnny was calm and comfortable with his fans but you could see the nerves start on the carpet. The beautiful maïwenn stepped in and helped him through like a total rock," added another. A fifth said, "Obviously Maïwenn is a fierce woman that knows her heart and mind. She took courage; stood her ground. The truth was on his side and so was she."

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.