Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'The View' host Whoopi Goldberg tries to figure out what to say next as she struggles with cue cards on live TV: 'It is gone'

2023-07-20 15:58
'The View' host Whoopi Goldberg said, 'I had something I was supposed to read and now it is gone'
'The View' host Whoopi Goldberg tries to figure out what to say next as she struggles with cue cards on live TV: 'It is gone'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: ‘The View’ welcomed Jeena Lyons on Wednesday, the first openly gay cast member of ‘The Real Housewives of New York City'. Lyons opened up about her struggle as the co-hosts indulged in a candid and wholesome discussion with the fashion icon. Amidst it all, Whoopi Goldberg was also invested in the conversation, until a little mishap towards the end.

As the discussion with Lyons comes to an end, Goldberg is seen stumbling through before she needs help from her co-hosts. While Goldberg has previously indulged in mishaps with the occasional swear word, this is the first time she has needed a co-host to physically help her out.

‘Is that it?’

As the co-hosts begin to bid goodbye to Lyons, Goldberg tells her, “You have a seat at this table any time you want. Anytime you want to come, we’re here for you.” Lyons is extremely appreciative of Goldberg and the co-hosts for their kind offer. This is when Goldberg is seen looking at the cue cards a little confused. The co-host is seen fumbling through the cue cards that are laid out in front of her messily, instead of being in her hand as per usual. Sara Haines, who is sitting next to Goldberg, immediately notices the cards laid out as Goldberg says, “I had something I was supposed to read and now it is gone.”

This is when Haines intervenes as she quickly passes Goldberg the cue card, not saying anything. “Is that it?” Goldberg asks before excitedly saying, “Oh yes! That’s the outro.” After her little mishap that Goldberg laughs through, and then begins to read the outro for the guest, “The Real Housewives of New York City airs Sunday night on Bravo, and streams the next day on Peacock,” Goldberg then looks into the camera, “So watch it, it's really good.”

Does Goldberg announce every segment?

Goldberg sits on the leftmost side of the panel with the cue cards as she introduces 'Hot Topics', guest appearances, and other segments on ‘The View'. On days that Goldberg isn’t present, Behar takes over her seat. Goldberg has a flair for drama, considering her background in acting, and ensures that some of that is reflected in her presentation on ‘The View'. Despite this little mishap on Wednesday, she managed to make the co-hosts, audience, and Lyons laugh.