Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Is xQc getting banned from Kick just days after joining? Internet says 'imagine paying $100M to this fool'

2023-06-20 20:23
xQc stopped streaming after he was issued a warning by a Kick staff about the potential copyright strike he could face for broadcasting a film
Is xQc getting banned from Kick just days after joining? Internet says 'imagine paying $100M to this fool'

AUSTIN, TEXAS: Felix Lengyel aka xQc, recently made headlines when he moved from Twitch to the emerging streaming platform Kick. However, his debut on Kick encountered an obstacle when he had to abruptly stop broadcasting while watching a popular movie during his live stream.

xQc received a notification from a Kick staff member who warned him about a copyright infringement strike that can occur while streaming a movie on a live broadcast. Given xQc's massive viewership, a clip capturing the incident quickly went viral across various social media platforms. So, keep reading to know more about what happened to xQc on Kick after he received the warning.

‘Makes sense’

After arriving on Kick, xQc thought it would be a good idea to watch a film named ‘The Dark Knight’ on his live stream. When he had almost reached the midway point of the movie, a Kick staff intervened in his chat and issued a warning about the potential copyright strike that xQc can face from the distributor of the movie, Warner Bros. While moderation on Kick is typically more relaxed, it is crucial to recognize that live streaming a film can carry significant repercussions.

The staff wrote in the chat of xQc’s live stream, “Hello there, we would like to notify you that streaming the specific content is in violation of our DMCA policy. Therefore, we kindly ask you to stop your live stream and be aware that we will need to remove the current VOD containing this content.” On noticing the warning, he said, "F**k! Okay, I get it. Oh, s**t! Makes sense. VOD friends, GGs." Recognizing the violation, xQc acknowledged that the video was available on demand for his viewers and friends before ending the stream.

'Imagine paying $100 million to this fool'

After watching xQc's stream, fans started to share their views on the incident. One wrote, "Man the movie nights were prob the main thing I was looking forward to on kick😭😭 I assumed someone would step in and tell him to stop eventually but I didn't expect it THIS soon lol." Another stated, "nooo i really enjoyed that it was like a dopamine blast seeing both xqc and chat watching the movie man." "Imagine paying $100 million to this fool," joked one, while a fan said, "That chat speed is killing me," pointing to the number of messages xQc receives during live streaming. One fan sarcastically wrote, "Great start to a bountiful journey on Kick!!!"