Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Jiri Prochazka agrees with Joe Rogan on his match stopping too early at UFC 295: 'I could turn it around'

2023-11-19 13:57
Jiri Prozchaka has changed his views and seems to agree with Joe Rogan on the referee stopping the match early
Jiri Prochazka agrees with Joe Rogan on his match stopping too early at UFC 295: 'I could turn it around'

AUSTIN, TEXAS: After an incredible event at UFC 295, Alex Pereira has claimed the title of light heavyweight champion. In the Octagon, Jiri Prochazka's strategy to subdue Pereira proved unsuccessful.

Pereira's contentious victory over Prochazka has divided combat sports enthusiasts. While some believed the referee's stoppage was justified, others argued that the action was halted prematurely.

Initially, Joe Rogan sided with those who felt the stoppage was premature. However, Jiri Prochazka's comments, supporting the referee's decision as faultless, helped to calm the controversy. Intriguingly, Prochazka has since retracted his initial endorsement of the referee's decision.

Jiri Prochazka concurs with Joe Rogan on referee's decision

In contrast to the first section of the fight, the storyline of the second round took a more dramatic and condensed turn. Jiri Prochazka, energized and aggressive, unleashed a series of powerful strikes against Alex Pereira.

However, Pereira, leveraging his experience as a former Glory Kickboxing champion, landed a perfectly timed counterhook. This critical move proved to be decisive, sending Prochazka sprawling to the mat.

Seizing the moment, 'Poatan' Pereira quickly followed up with a barrage of elbows, aiming to subdue his Czech opponent.

Referee Marc Goddard intervened to conclude the bout when Pereira managed to knock a dazed Prochazka to the ground. This decision sparked controversy within the community, with Joe Rogan voicing his discontent regarding the interruption.

Jiri Prochazka initially accepted the match's outcome, acknowledging Goddard's decision to end it while he was down as correct. However, Prochazka has since expressed a change in perspective, suggesting that he might have turned the match around if it hadn't been halted prematurely.

In a recent interview, the former light heavyweight champion openly shared his views, stating, 'I could turn it around.

The referee ended it too early, but I didn’t want to roast him immediately.' Despite his belief that the judgment was premature, Prochazka chose to exercise restraint and refrained from inciting his supporters to direct their anger at the referee. In retrospect, Rogan's assertion that the stoppage was improper appears to have been valid.

Joe Rogan did not agree with the referee's decision

Once the fight was over, Joe Rogan and his commentators went over the knockout replay. The 56-year-old Rogan commented during the analysis that, in his perspective, referee Marc Goddard ended the fight a little too soon.

Rogan thought that Jiri Prochazka was still actively participating in the bout even after the Czech fighter had been hurt by Alex Pereira's left hook.

Rogan stated, "I'm not satisfied with that stoppage," after reviewing the highlights. Prochazka, for his part, didn't seem to be upset about the conclusion at the time. Instead, he said that he will return stronger and respectfully congratulated Alex Pereira on his triumph.

Tags news