Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Nicki Minaj and Ice Spice bring back iconic Aqua hit with 'Barbie World', fans call it 'Amazing Summer BOP'

2023-06-23 19:18
Nicki Minaj and Ice Spice pay homage to the original hit by incorporating its iconic melody, while adding their own modern rap styles and flavors
Nicki Minaj and Ice Spice bring back iconic Aqua hit with 'Barbie World', fans call it 'Amazing Summer BOP'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Nicki Minaj and Ice Spice have collaborated to release a song for Greta Gerwig's 'Barbie'. Titled 'Barbie World', the single produced by RiotUSA draws inspiration from and reinterprets Aqua's famous track 'Barbie Girl'. This song serves as the fourth single from the album titled 'Barbie the Album' which also features tracks like Dua Lipa's 'Dance the Night,' Karol G's 'Watati', and PinkPantheress' 'Angel'.

The original song by Aqua has become synonymous with Barbie and is often remembered as one of the first songs associated with the brand. In their latest release, Nicki and Ice Spice pay homage to the original hit by incorporating its iconic melody. They put their own modern rap styles and flavors into the song, giving it a fresh twist while still retaining the essence of the familiar tune.

'Amazing Summer BOP!!'

Throughout her career, Nicki Minaj has embraced the nickname "Barbie" or "Barbz" and has frequently referenced it in her songs. With the release of the music video, fans have been buzzing with excitement. "15years+ in the game and still going STRONG keep serving vocals and visuals. They both looking good. This better not flop," said one user in the comments, while another agreed, saying, "Love how Nicki had 'Aqua' background vocals playing. Loving the beat too. Nicki and Ice Spice looking beautiful as always."

A third replied, "The visuals are killing me. 10 across all boards!!!! Omg...let me watch it again." "I love how the original song playing in the background like the original and the remake all having it's different own SHINE. IN LOOOOOOOVE," wrote a fourth. A fifth added, "Their two voices fit together perfectly like peanut butter and jelly," while a sixth said, "AMAZING SUMMER BOP!!" Another noted, "They killed this one. I can’t stop replaying this video. This is going number 1."

'Barbie World' is currently number 1 on US iTunes

According to Chart Data, 'Barbie World' has already climbed to the top spot on the US iTunes chart within just one hour of its release. "Not even an hour, so legendary," exclaimed a fan. "See, when ur actually in demand," wrote another, while a third added, "These things are normal when you’re the queen." "Yes!!! Congratulations to The Queen and The Princess BARBIE WORLD TAKING OVER," an overjoyed fan exclaimed.

The much-awaited live-action romantic-comedy film 'Barbie', starring Margot Robbie and Ryan Gosling is scheduled to release globally on July 21, 2023.