Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

‘She checks up on me’: Issa Rae gets candid about friendship with Beyonce on ‘Today’ with Hoda Kotb and Jenna Bush Hager

2023-12-01 15:26
Issa Rae claimed she's a 'huge fan' of Beyonce as she sat down to talk to Hoda Kotb and Jenna Bush Hager
‘She checks up on me’: Issa Rae gets candid about friendship with Beyonce on ‘Today’ with Hoda Kotb and Jenna Bush Hager

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: During the November 30 episode of ‘Today with Hoda & Jenna’, Issa Rae sat down with hosts Hoda Kotb and Jenna Bush Hager to talk about her budding relationship with A-list star Beyonce and said that the iconic singer “checks up” on her.

Rae, the talented actress, writer, and producer, is celebrated for her groundbreaking work in creating and starring in the acclaimed HBO series ‘Insecure’.

The ‘Today’ hosts were also joined by KaMillion and Aida Osman, the stars of the hit show ‘Rap S*!t’ as they talked about their journey to acting from music and writing.

Issa Rae opens up about her friendship with Beyonce

During her appearance on ‘Today With Hoda & Jenna’, Issa Rae opened up about her growing connection with Beyonce, sharing that the iconic singer actively stays in touch with her.

"She checks up on me," Rae mentioned when asked whether she and Beyonce know each other. She added, "We know each other, met her Several times. I am just, you know, a huge fan."

The actress and writer reminisced about a 2017 encounter with Beyonce, where the ‘Break My Soul’ singer complimented Rae, telling her she was beautiful.

After the encounter, Rae took to X, formerly known as Twitter, to express her excitement about the moment, tweeting, "I hugged Beyonce tonight and she told my regular face a-- that I was beautiful. WHAT ELSE IS LEFT?!?!"

During her conversation with Kotb and Hager, Rae recalled that she "squealed" after Beyonce complimented her.

"I held it together. I was with my friends. She came over with Jay-Z, and then as soon as she walked away, we just squealed like ridiculous," she recounted.

On the show, Rae also discussed attending the premiere of ‘Renaissance: A Film By Beyonce’, where the dress code was "cozy opulence."

Issa Rae stuns in shimmery black dress

At the premiere, which took place on November 25, Issa Rae was captured on the red carpet exuding elegance in a shimmery black dress paired with matching heels. The dress was high neck and full sleeves and she tied her hair up in a bun to complete the look.

When asked about her outfit, Rae explained that she intentionally chose a more subdued look for the premiere as her main focus was to enjoy the movie.

She expressed, "Everyone was opulent. I was in the middle. I was like, I really just want to see this movie and eat popcorn. Let me just take something out of my closet. And people said that about me. They were like, she looked like she just showed up to watch the movie, and I did!"