Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Chris Hemsworth's wife Elsa Pataky left ex-fiance Adrien Brody despite million dollar gift of love

2023-06-16 19:46
Before their abrupt breakup, Elsa Pataky and Adrien Brody appeared to be quite committed to each other
Chris Hemsworth's wife Elsa Pataky left ex-fiance Adrien Brody despite million dollar gift of love

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Hollywood history is filled with whirlwind celeb romances that turned out to be complete failures. This might have been why Chris Hemsworth and Elsa Pataky's relationship was taken with a pinch of salt when they started dating. However, the couple tied the knot in a unique celebrity ceremony five months later.

Hemsworth and Pataky, who have three children together and have been married for more than ten years, are fortunate to be together still. They give their children a wonderful life and undoubtedly make an excellent pair. Notably, Pataky helped Hemsworth when he decided to take a break from acting since he was worried about developing Alzheimer's.

READ MORE

Killjoys slam Chris Hemsworth and Elsa Pataky's son’s birthday cake prank

Chris Hemsworth and Elsa Pataky's skincare brand Purely Byron goes bankrupt less than a year after launch

Given their solid bond, Hemsworth and Pataky's past relationships appear to have been a whole lifetime away. But at least some fans still remember Pataky's most prominent relationship - with Adrien Brody.

Before their abrupt breakup, Pataky and Brody appeared to be quite committed to each other. In fact, Brody even purchased a castle with Pataky in mind to live in.

'It was a miracle'

While they were still dating, Brody and Pataky were interviewed by Hello Magazine. Brody explained how he and Pataky initially met in 2006, recollecting, "It was a miracle. I was going to do the film Manolete, and I wanted to work on a southern Spanish accent. So I reached out to my voice-dialect coach from The Pianist, a wonderful woman named Julie Adams. It just so happens that Elsa was also studying with her to improve her English dialect. I was there at Julie's house and Elsa walked in – she was coming in for a lesson after me."

Brody continued, "The first time I saw her I was completely spellbound. I told Elsa later that I was so uncomfortable because she was so beautiful and so lovely and sweet. I became very self-conscious."

'We feel really blessed'

Brody and Pataky immediately became an item after their initial meeting and sharing a supper in Spain, and they began attending red carpet events together. Brody relished declaring his love for Pataky during interviews, in addition to turning up to public events with her on his arm. For instance, he spoke about the relationship in the aforementioned Hello magazine article as though they were a forever couple. Brody took Pataky's hand in his and said, according to the interviewer, "Do you remember when we were at a party in Cannes, and a woman sitting behind us told us, 'Thank you for making me believe in love again'? We both feel really blessed to have found someone that we not only love, that we are deeply attracted to, but also who shares similar views on life. Elsa has brought so much positive energy into my life."

At the time, Brody and Pataky had already been dating for around two years. The pair had also gotten engaged a few months prior to the interview.

What led to the breakup?

Brody and Pataky broke up around six months after the piece was published, and neither has publicly explained why it didn't work out. When Brody was interviewed by the Huffington Post in 2015, it was the closest either of them got to discussing the breakup. He said, "We are all looking for a sense of home, we all have dreams and aspirations, and then life sometimes does not happen the way we expect it to."

"There are many blessings within all of that and there are obstacles to overcome. My life has been enriched by all these beautiful people who have been in my life," he added to the non-reply. After her romance with Brody ended, Pataky reportedly started dating the French actor Olivier Martinez fairly fast. Two months after that ended, Pataky met Chris Hemsworth, and the rest is history, as reported by The Things.

Did Adrien Brody really purchase a castle for Elsa Pataky?

The Hello conversation happened when the magazine wrote a piece about the beautiful house that Brody gave Pataky for her birthday. According to rumors, Brody sought to establish "a permanent place for himself" since he felt "adrift following his role" in the film 'Brothers Bloom'. Brody bought the Stone Barn Castle, a historic home in Central New York, to do that.

Brody had always intended to turn the castle into the house he would spend his final years in with Pataky. He was far from done after buying the house and would soon start remodeling it. This was when Hello magazine spoke with the couple about the refurbishment project. Appearing really in love, they even posed for a lengthy picture shoot and displayed the castle.

Adrien carried on remodeling the castle after parting ways with Pataky. The seven years he spent remodeling were detailed in the 2015 film 'Stone Barn Castle'.

Tags news