Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Roseanne Barr slammed for saying 'nobody died in the Holocaust', but fans rush to her defense

2023-06-28 18:49
In the past, Roseanne Barr was slammed and her 2018 comeback show was canceled after she put out racist tweets
Roseanne Barr slammed for saying 'nobody died in the Holocaust', but fans rush to her defense

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Comedian and actress Roseanne Barr has found herself in hot water again after making antisemitic comments on a recent episode of 'This Past Weekend' with Theo Von. In the past, Barr, 70, had been severely censured and her 2018 comeback show was canceled because of her racist tweets.

Barr seems to be having a hard time to learn from her past mistakes as she made yet another alarming comment, telling Von "nobody died in the Holocaust,” before adding, “It should happen. Six million Jews should die right now ’cause they cause all the problems in the world.” It is not known what she thought about the Holocaust or if she just made a random repugnant remark to check what one was allowed to say online.

Roseanne Barr claimed she was a victim of cancel-culture

Barr previously blamed her racist tweet for the cancellation of her program. Her tweet read, "Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj [Valerie Jarrett]." She blamed the cancellation on "intellectual witch-burning, and arrogance and ignorance. All of the press of the United States and the world, how they interpreted my tweet without any knowledge of the fact that I was sending it to a journalist in Iran about what was happening to the people in Iran. We’re under such terrible censorship. It’s just terrible and frightening.”

Roseanne Barr lashes out at former 'Roseanne' co-star

Barr blasted Sara Gilbert in May for speaking about her cancellation over the racist tweets. “It wasn’t enough that [Gilbert] stabbed me in the back and did what she did to me there, but then she would go on her talk show every day and talk about how shocked she was at my racism on top of it,” Barr told Megyn Kelly, per The Daily Beast, adding, “It was [Gilbert’s] tweet that canceled the show.”

"Nobody died in the Holocaust either"

Barr, who is Jewish, made the remark about the Holocaust during a conversation with Von about not being able to claim that the last presidential election was rigged without being banned from Twitter, YouTube and Facebook. “You can’t say that like, you know, the election,” Barr said. “...Was rigged or not rigged,” Von finished. “Right. That’s all a lie. The election was not rigged. Thirty six counties can give you 81 million votes. That’s a fact,” Barr responded.

“That's the truth. And don’t you dare say anything against it. You’ll be off YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and all the other ones because we have, you know, there’s such a thing as the truth and facts and we have to stick to it. And that is the truth, and nobody died in the Holocaust either,” Barr continued.

Von then asked, “You’re part Jewish, right? And a lot of Hollywood is Jewish, yeah? They started Hollywood.” “Just like rap, Black people started rap,” Barr responded, adding, “So I went to go over there and tried to get in rap and go, ‘All these Black people, you know, go on Saturday Night Live like Dave Chappelle. I’m just saying a lot of Black people are in control of rap. Hello?’ Well, you went there. You tried to get in show business. Of course it’s Jewish. But you know, and people should be glad that it’s Jewish too, because if Jews were not controlling Hollywood, all you’d have was f*****g fishing shows.”

Theo Von tries to do some damage control

Von, meanwhile tweeted on Tuesday, June 27, "This Roseanne Barr clip was sarcasm folks. A clip taken out of a long sarcastic rant she had during our chat. Can we not recognize sarcasm anymore?” Anti-Defamation League CEO Jonathan Greenblatt tweeted in response to Barr’s comments, "Sarcasm or not, Roseanne Barr’s comments about Jews and the Holocaust are reprehensible and irresponsible. This isn’t funny. And shame on Theo Von for letting it go unchallenged and instead diving into conspiracy theories about Jews and Hollywood.”

'This is sick'

Twitter users were also outraged upon hearing Barr's comments. One tweeted, "This is sick. I am outraged at her comments as we all should be." Another wrote, "Kanye: 'I like Hitler' Rosanne: 'Hold my beer''" 'OMG, this is so vile," one opined while another tweeted, "So she was being sarcastic about holocaust denialism but being facetious about election integrity? Cause that’s still against YouTube TOS I believe." "Have y’all lost your sense of humor too??" wrote one.