Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Did Sunny Hostin like ‘Oppenheimer’ or ‘Barbie’? ‘The View’ host opens up about Hollywood’s big weekend

2023-07-26 10:29
‘The View’ co-hosts discussed conservatives' response to the ‘Barbie’ and shared their own thoughts about the film
Did Sunny Hostin like ‘Oppenheimer’ or ‘Barbie’? ‘The View’ host opens up about Hollywood’s big weekend

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: The iconic double feature weekend just passed when ‘Barbie’ and ‘Oppenheimer’ were released on July 21, 2023. It was indeed a big weekend for Hollywood, and ‘The View’ co-hosts also indulged in this iconic cinematic moment. Last week, Greta Gerwig and Christopher Nolan appeared on ‘The View’ to talk about their movies, and this week, the co-hosts discussed them briefly.

Although the context of the discussion was less about what happened in the movies and more about the Conservatives' response to ‘Barbie’, it didn’t take long for Sunny Hostin to talk about her Hollywood-packed weekend where she watched Gerwig and Nolan’s movies. Although, which one did she like more?

‘A history lesson’

As the co-hosts on ‘The View’ discussed conservatives' response to ‘Barbie’, the conversation quickly barreled into discussing the movies. When it was finally Hostin’s turn to talk about Gerwig and Nolan’s work, she said, “I saw both movies, and I didn’t grow up with Barbie, I didn’t grow up playing with Barbie dolls, so I loved Oppenheimer. I guess I’m in the curmudgeon always anyway, but it was such a wonderful movie with these incredible performances. I think it was a great weekend for Hollywood, I think it was a great weekend for people to go to the movies.” Hostin then elaborated further on why she loved ‘Oppenheimer,’ “Oppenheimer for me became a history lesson, Robert Downey Jr is not Iron Man, he is a fantastic actor, I mean I saw something in him I had never seen. You had people like Emily Blunt in that movie, Matt Damon is incredible.” Whoopi Goldberg then interrupted Hostin, as she circled back to the topic in hand.

Joy Behar’s thoughts on ‘Oppenheimer’

Before Hostin spoke about her newfound love for ‘Oppenheimer’ in the segment, Behar didn’t seem too impressed with the movie. Behar spoke about how ‘Barbie’ was more popular in the red states, “What’s more important is it seemed to be more popular in the red states than the blue states. The blue states were going to see Oppenheimer. I agree with the red states because I would rather see Barbie than some movie about an atomic bomb off, you know? That’s a scarier movie, so maybe they felt like having a good time in the South.” So, when it came to the co-hosts, Hostin was team ‘Oppenheimer’ but Behar was clearly team ‘Barbie’.