Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

How many children does Simon Cowell have? 'AGT' judge doesn't want his son Eric to inherit his fortune

2023-06-02 18:52
Cowell is a doting father to his eight-year-old son Eric Cowell, whom he shares with long-term girlfriend Lauren Silverman
How many children does Simon Cowell have? 'AGT' judge doesn't want his son Eric to inherit his fortune

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Over the years, Simon Cowell has amassed a huge fortune, thanks to his mastermind that gave birth to multi-million franchises including 'Got Talent' and 'The X Factor'. The 63-year-old television personality is also a record executive, and visionary entrepreneur, who founded and still holds the full ownership of the renowned British entertainment house Syco.

Cowell has amassed immense wealth throughout his career, adding hundreds of millions of dollars to his name. Currently, he is worth a staggering $600 million, or around £496 million in British currency, according to Hello Magazine. Unlike many showbiz fathers, Cowell has chosen to donate his riches to charity rather than leaving it for his son Eric. “I’m going to leave my money to somebody. A charity, probably — kids and dogs. I don’t believe in passing on from one generation to another,” he told Mirror.

The millionaire then explained that he believes it is more important to leave a legacy of empowering others and imparting knowledge than to pass on his wealth from one generation to the next. “Your legacy has to be that hopefully you gave enough people an opportunity so that they could do well, and you gave them your time, taught them what you know,” he added. Cowell previously expressed that he would be taking his son Eric out of school by the time he's 10, so he can work for his business empire. “I didn’t have that major stress about homework, because I would just throw it away. A healthy, happy kid is more important than an over-educated, stressed kid,” he said.

How many children does Simon Cowell have?

The renowned ‘AGT’ judge is a doting father to his eight-year-old son Eric Cowell, whom he shares with his long-term girlfriend Lauren Silverman. The couple welcomed Eric in 2014 and Cowell has often spoken about how becoming a dad has changed his life. The TV mogul is also step-dad to Adam Silverman, Lauren's 16-year-old son from her previous relationship with Andrew Silverman. Cowell has been part of her life ever since 2013 when things between him and Lauren started getting more serious. The couple reportedly first met in 2004, when Lauren was still married to Andrew. In December 2021, Cowell proposed to her and expressed his wish to have more children.

Cowell makes rare apology on 'Britain's Got Talent'

This came after Cowell made a rare apology to magician Kimoon Do on 'Britain's Got Talent'. The incident happened when Kimoon Do took to the stage with a card trick during the latest round of live semi-finals. In the middle of his act, Cowell, Amanda Holden, and Bruno Tonioli all pressed their buzzers, and its loud noise seemingly threw off the performer. Following the act, fans slammed the show, saying that the magician's chances of success were hampered by producers since the judges' seating prevented them from seeing the magician's feat. Simon did admit this and told Kimoon: "We’ve been very rude to you and I apologize. It's not your fault,” according to Daily Mail.