Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Grace Randolph? Critic divides viewers calling 'Barbie' a 'super feminist' movie in early review

2023-07-19 16:53
Grace Randolph shared her opinion of the upcoming Greta Gerwig film, praising its strong themes and empowering message
Who is Grace Randolph? Critic divides viewers calling 'Barbie' a 'super feminist' movie in early review

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Film critic and YouTuber Grace Randolph has hailed the upcoming 'Barbie' as a "super feminist" movie. After attending a screening at the Warner Bros Discovery screening room, Randolph shared her opinion of the film, praising its strong feminist themes and empowering message. Her assessment has sparked anticipation among audiences eager to see 'Barbie' portrayed in a progressive and empowering light on the big screen.

Randolph tweeted, "Barbie was one of the greatest films I’ve ever seen. It is super fun, super feminist and I could watch it on a loop. To see so much of what I think and feel captured in a movie was incredible."

Who is Grace Randolph?

Grace Randolph is an American reporter, film critic, YouTuber, and comic book writer. She is known for hosting her popular YouTube channel called 'Beyond the Trailer', where she provides insightful movie reviews and in-depth analyses of various films. Additionally, Randolph has an impressive background in comic book writing, having worked on issues of 'Justice League Unlimited' and 'X-Men: Nation X', along with creating her original comic book series, 'Supurbia'. Her expertise in the entertainment industry and passion for film and comics have made her a well-respected figure among fans and critics alike.

'Now I’m even more excited'

Twitter users were quick to respond to Randolph's 'Barbie' review. One wrote, "My favorite critic loved it…who am I to disagree? Lets gooo," while another agreed, saying, "Do you think they’ll push it for awards? Greta will finally get her Oscar?" A third wrote, "I had thought I was seeing Oppenheimer first. Now I’m rethinking that," while a fourth added, "Wow now i’m even more excited!! Got my tickets just counting the days."

'I will never watch it'

Meanwhile, some users disagreed with her assessment, arguing that she might need to watch a broader range of films to form a more comprehensive opinion. One wrote, "Barbie one of the greatest films? Better than Gone with the Wind, Citizen Kane, The Searchers, Bridge on the River Kwai, The Godfather, etc.? The word 'great' needs to be deep-sixed by all movie critics until they're over the age of 40." Another user sarcastically commented, "'Super feminist'.. yea that sounds like a totally legitimate review." A third wrote, "While I'm glad you enjoyed it Grace, I will never watch it until whatever level of hell I end up in starts playing it at the drive through."

'I don’t know if children would enjoy it'

One user asked Randolph if a 6-year-old can see the film, to which she replied, "Um… I don’t know if they would enjoy it? It’s like the Truman Show." Interestingly, her remarks contrast with Margot Robbie's confirmation that the movie is intended for children. During an interview with Extra, Robbie and her co-star Ryan Gosling were asked if the film is meant for children, and Robbie clarified that it is indeed a kids' movie.

'Little kids are just going to be blown away by Barbieland'

Robbie responded, "This is such a thing people say when they do press for a movie. They’re like, 'It’s for everyone.' But it was literally crafted to be for everyone." She continued, "Like [director] Greta [Gerwig] said from the beginning, this is a big pie and everyone is invited. So in that way it really is for everyone. And the comedy plays on so many different, the whole movie plays on so many different levels. I mean so much of it is so silly, and absurd, and ridiculous. And I think little kids in particular and people who care about, you know, design, things like that are just going to be blown away by Barbieland." "Because the craftsmanship is so incredible," she explained. "And it’s all tangible and it’s amazing. And then there’s, you know, some pretty profound conversations happening at the same time."

Tags news